iPad Pro 9.7 versus iPad Pro 12.9 – which is better for games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Joe Kule, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Joe Kule

Joe Kule Member

Aug 18, 2014
    I am considering getting an iPad Pro, and I am trying to decide between the 9.7 version of the 12.9 version. Are there any opinions out there about this? Also do most games work correctly with the 12.9 version? Thank you very much for any feedback!

2. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    I love the 12.9. Really haven't had any issues with the games I play. RPG heavy list of games on mine. The larger size makes taking it with you a little cumbersome, but I enjoy the large screen.

3. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    #3 Taeles, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    Depends on the game to be honest. Games that favor the tablet on the desk in front of you while you play the 12.9 will rock. Games that favor being held in your hand may or may not be a bit ackward, your results will vary on this.

Example marvel future fight. I prefer it on my phone or shield k1 when doing my daily world bosses because the icons to swap characters are to far up on the screen to be trully comfortable a reach during combat.

Strategy games, turn based games, simulators, base builders, anything with mifi? 12.9 heh. Cant knock the gorgeous screen and the 12.9 is the only mobile device from apple sporting 4gigs ram. \o/

Edit : All games that work on the 9.7, work just fine on the 12.9. The only thing you need to consider is whether or not the 12.9 is comfortable to hold/carry around and wether or not the 4gigs ram is important to you. The stylus is nice but not necessary, only one game in my entire library that actually specifically is designed / optimized for it and thats the surgeon game from adult swim.

4. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Agreed.

5. OutSpoken

OutSpoken Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    I play a range of games on my iPad Air 2 with great enjoyment. Personally I think gaming on the larger iPad pro 12.9 would be cumbersome.

6. Joe Kule

Joe Kule Member

Aug 18, 2014
    Thanks for the responses, they are very helpful!