Flick Fishing Internet play

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Zwilnik, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zwilnik

Zwilnik Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, just thought I'd drop a mention of some stuff that's coming in a set of Flick Fishing updates that we're doing.

We had a lot of requests since Flick Fishing was originally released last year with Wi-Fi play and email based bragging to be able to play over the internet, so we've been working on some internet play modes that we hope you'll enjoy. Because of the sheer number of players that can be involved and all the fun server side stuff we've split them across a set of updates so we can get each one right before everyone gets to play with it.

The first update which is going through testing and hopefully being submitted today adds a casual internet game called Fish Net. You can create a new Fish Net or enter a short code to join an existing one created by your friends, co-workers or even one of the public ones that Freeverse (and others) will be hosting. On each Fish Net whoever catches the biggest fish in any game mode will have their name bragged around that whole net. The best bit is that you don't have to be online at the same time, the top fish is stored serverside so the other players will hear about it (and curse your name if you just beat their top fish ;) ).

Next up will be full Internet Tournaments. These are more formal tournament modes which can be created with time limits and different rules so you can run proper multi-day fishing contests.

Also I'd like to give a nod to sites like the fan run Flick Fishing Bragging Post who have been very helpful in enhancing the current bragging system and should hopefully be able to benefit from running their own Fish Net and Internet Tournaments.

2. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    WOOOO! Yeah the updates sound great Zwilnik. Online tournaments and all that other great stuff sound wonderful.

This game is already a beautifully designed game - graphically and gameplay-wise. With the additions from the new update, this game has the potential to rise to numero uno!

Thanks for being active on the forums and updating us with the info. Always love it when devs are active to people's responses and feedback either on the forums or anywhere else.

Thanks again,
    theone1007

3. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Very cool!!

4. Xyba

Xyba Active Member

Apr 8, 2009
    I just bought this game an hour ago and im currently enjoying it!! Maybe you can try adding a aquariam to store prized fishes =D

5. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    It's already there?

6. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    What the heck? It's already there in your trophies section I believe something like that. They're all in there with your heaviest fish of each species on display.

Noobs...

7. Hippieman

Hippieman Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Senior Producer, Designer
    San Francisco
    While in the Photo Album, turn your phone on it's side ;)

8. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    Woo finally are you guys adding fish anytime soon?
    Like in one of the updates coming?

9. Zwilnik

We are ;)

10. Xyba

Xyba Active Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Thanks! Just got this game an hour ago so im still clueless what special features it had. Anyway i just caught an old mog, is it some kind of special fish or something?

11. Zwilnik

Old Mog's one of the rare "named" fish that you can catch. Mog's a bit of a softie, but the others are a lot harder to catch :)

The update's been submitted now, so fingers crossed for a swift approval (although expecting at least a week).

12. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Add a Humuhumunukunukuapua'a! It's the state fish of Hawaii! (Well, they don't have one anymore, but it was) Go Triggerfish! :p

13. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Yeah. It's like one of those special fish that have names cuz they're so special. You know like those legendary fish with names? For example, Moby Dick? Something on those lines...

14. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    This would encourage me to return to Flick Fishing, as I have not played it since I finished the game a few months ago.

15. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    I have had this game for so long and still haven't caught Old Mog...
    Speaking of the Internet play, will it support 3G or is it wi-fi only? Or better yet will Edge users be able to play?

16. Zwilnik

All 3 :)

It's all handled via a server so as long as you're online via wifi, 3G or Edge (or even basic connection) you'll be able to play along with anyone on your Fish Net.

17. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    So...............any news on this? Has it been submitted?

18. Zwilnik

Submitted last Monday. Waiting on Apple approval now :)

19. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Yeh!! :D

20. Zwilnik

Just got word that it's been approved, so should hopefully show up on the App Store soon.

I've done a short "How To" for Fish Net that we're going to bung up on the Freeverse site as well.