Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. myxiplx

myxiplx New Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Any tips for Garnet?

Hi folks, any tips for Garnet, does it really take this long? I've been breeding nothing but smoke/obsidian in both the cave and island ever since the special event finished. I've had dozens of fails now, it's driving me nuts! I'm not keeping an exact count but I reckon it's been 30+ failures now.

It's been enough to turn my fire shrine silver, and I think my earth and air shrines are going to change too before I get this dragon!

2. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Really sorry to hear Garnet is so hard for you. Sometimes the magic touch is to switch the order of the dragons, obsidian/smoke instead. Even if you don't get garnet that way, many times you're lucky when you switch back.

You've probablly tried that already, so it might be a long shot. :confused:

I got my garnets on the island, the cave didn't produce garnet at all. All three came from breeding smoke/obsidian directly after trying obsidian/smoke.

Good luck!

3. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    Boom, 2nd garnet in the works. Both were smoke/obsidian in the cave which is only 3.5% chance Vs 7% chance of the island.

Gonna work on hail then doubles of what I'm missing then eggs and ill be all caught up woot!

4. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Not going for Garnet egg?

5. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    Ya it's my egg

6. fazstp

fazstp Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Melbourne, Aus.
    Missed the last week with no wi-fi. Sorry anyone who gifted gems. Looks like only one new dragon to work on.

7. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    To be honest with almost 100 dragons the Hail one is a bit ordinary. Its hard to get excited over a dragon that looks almost exactly the same as most other dragons with the same dumb expression on his face. Colours are nice, but other than that....
    I would get far more excited over BFS finally fixing the list of people who give gems. I log in now once or twice a day and miss the names of half the gifters. i would get more excited over new island, decorations, tiles, etc.
    -rant over-

8. mbd12110

mbd12110 Active Member

Oct 19, 2011
    How many eggs are there???

I think I have all of the eggs on display except for 4 of the gem ones which including those should total 97 different eggs??????

anybody else have the same count?

9. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Cyclops dragon just announced. Not in the Market yet. Apparently a new Oly so get ready for some new breeding frustration.

10. stlredbird

May 21, 2009
    I assume it will be same combo as other olympuses but who knows. I'm currently going for second gold oly every second between new dragons so if it is the same combo it kind of works out. Maybe it will make getting a second gold oly easier.

11. Aiera Kyoto

Aiera Kyoto Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    Wiki page confirmed that a combo with Metal, Water, and Lightning will give you a Cyclops. So much for the Lightning, Earth and Air combo that worked with the other 3 Olys right?

It seems like Ash/Quicksilver is working really well on the Facebook page, and the Sandbox recommends Cactus/Rust (which is the same thing).

Will try out Ash/Quicksilver tomorrow since cave is tied up with one of the Olys (hoping it's a Gold Oly) and a regular Gold in island. Good luck everyone!

12. dlstar

dlstar Well-Known Member

Holy crap, got a cyclops first go!

Love and rust in the cave. Same combo on the island gave me a four hour timer.

I'm using this combo as one of the fails is Platinum of which I still need #2 and the egg.

Good luck everyone :)

13. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    There are 96 eggs (97 counting cyclops) and 97 dragons (98 counting cyclops). If you check Wiki you will be able to see the list. :) The difference between the eggs and dragons is Kairos because there is no egg for it.

14. Korvaire

Korvaire Active Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Got 1 garnet, but no egg. This one is a toughie for me.

I like the cyclops egg. If I am lucky enough to breed one, going to leave it as an egg. Until they give us a new island, I don't have room to display any more dragons anyway. And I am tired of the crowded look, and really tired of the failed garnets.

I made a new year's resolution not to spend any money on the app until they give us a new island.

Korvaire

15. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Me too. Can't get a garnet display egg, I've tried non-stop all month ...waaahh! :(... guess it's payback for getting a garnet dragon on the first try. No Hail dragon yet either. Just found out about the Cyclops. Good luck everybody! :)

16. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    40 hr fail. Crap. I think it's Platinum.

17. stlredbird

May 21, 2009
    Ya I got the same thing yesterday. EBI down for service until tomorrow.

18. stlredbird

May 21, 2009
    Cyclops cooking in cave!

19. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Hey korvaire I just got Garnet on EBI. Yay! Rushed thru about 6 fails in a few minutes, 7 - 8 gems each but worth it. Now on to Hail and Cyclops.

20. Crusty

Crusty Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Hate having to work out how to accommodate a new habitat so I can fit in the cyclops I have cooking we need more space.......
    good luck everyone with your dragon gathering