QuestLord

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by LavaLevel, Jul 6, 2012.

1. LavaLevel

LavaLevel Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    game developer
    Houston Texas
    Awesome guys thanks!!!

Oh that video from the T.V. interview... what a difference being caught off guard by T.V. cameras makes compared to my somewhat scripted webcast last summer.

'We have like... We have like... We have like 120 maps... I have 120 Maps...'

"c'mon spit it out! ...and is it We or YOU!"

It's just me. And my fiancé and cat cheering me on. So all the hats to wear and sometimes I might miss a bit on the game Evangelism/Online Marketing Machine so you guys being pumped really helps me out!

Never one for the spotlight. And VERY happy my friend Bill from Zeboyd Games made an appearance in that video. If you like JRPG and Penny Arcade, I highly suggest checking out their Penny Arcade Precipice of Darkness 3.

Yep. Game will be $1.99
    iOS, Kindle Fire, Nook, and Android (google market)

Awesome! This kind of underground enthusiasm really keeps me going. Now I know I am in the $10 profit range! I think it will be a more than fair price for a lot of work.(albiet fun work that I wouldn't have traded for anything) I think it will have something for everyone to get a kick out of.

Speaking of which... The game is deep in testing. So expect a submission announcement in... wait... I've done that too much and just kept people waiting... Expect it soon. But expect new screenshots within the week for sure. :D

haha, no but I really need to update the screens when I get a chance to breath. Look at that font!

Thanks again guys!

2. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Zeboyd games great company and part 3 was great but part 2 was better but all 3 are great. Can't wait to play this

3. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

HAHAHAHA! :D

Make it 16 bucks cause three friends of mine will get this for sure, too!

Btw., ... using the term "underground enthusiasm" for a dungeon crawler RPG is kind of... genius.
    I am going to call myself an Underground Enthusiast from now on. :)

Oh, and don't rush things. Take your time, test the game, kill the bugs... but don't make the mistake to rush it. Gamers are very unforgiving when a games crashes alot. Not me, but quite some others.

Will the game also have secret areas and hidden eastereggs? I always loved these kind of things.

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    From the public description we know QuestLord emphasizes world exploration. There some secrets I missed in not paying attention to the details. Consider that a hushed whisper because I can't speak definitely or too much about testing but even in the pre-release draft I've gotten more than $1.99 of enjoyment out of QuestLord.

5. Linx550

Linx550 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Signed up I love these kind of RPGs.

6. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Every now and then I see an enthusiastic announcement to beta testers from the developer about reaching some landmark that sounds promising. I've played an early build of the game but am as excited as anyone to see the release edition.

7. gosenbach

gosenbach Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Engineer (mechanical/electrical/software)
    Hi everyone! who all is for trying to bump this up to game of the week when it finally is released? :)

8. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #68 undeadcow, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
    This is an interesting article from a news, Fox News Houston, station that talks a little about the one man show that QuestLord is the result of. There's also a few blurry news video captures of gameplay.

Excerpt:
    You seem pretty confident that QuestLord will be good.

9. LavaLevel

Jul 6, 2012
    game developer
    Houston Texas
  10. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #70 undeadcow, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
    "Swipe to attack your foes" is a novel approach to combat for an iOS dungeon crawler; interesting use of the touch screen.

Nice screenshots! I like the first row; one of these things is not like the others: evil glowing red eye tree, chesty bar maiden with beer by fireplace, or yellowing reanimated corpse.

11. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I have been testing this game for quite some time, and I really can't say how amazing it is! I haven't this much fun with an Rpg for soooo long! Not only is it amazingly fun, but Eric (the dev) is awesome! I have only reported three or four bugs, but all were fixed THAT DAY! This has really been an awesome game to play. I can't thank Lavalevel enough for the chance to test it!

P.s. I got to try a lizard on a stick for the first time in this game! :p

12. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #72 undeadcow, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
    +1; Having explored the huge world teased in those screenshots and played with the swipe to attack mechanism I can't say enough positive things about QuestLord. The beta testing is a lot of fun and I emphatically recommend QuestLord to Touch Arcade members. It's obvious the developer is passionate about this type of game and he is somehow very responsive while carving out solid advancements from build to build (he must not sleep much).

13. gosenbach

gosenbach Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Engineer (mechanical/electrical/software)
    I saw on the Questlord facebook page that this has been submitted! Yay! I am excited to finally give it a try!

Greg

14. LavaLevel

Jul 6, 2012
    game developer
    Houston Texas
    #74 LavaLevel, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
    aw... shucks you guys. :D My tester crew and the comments and support from people interested in this game has really kept me going. This has been a TON of work. Looking back on it, it has been such a wild adventure I wouldnt trade it in for anything. I probably won't do something this grand or solo again for a very long time.

Vovin:
    Heck yea! You're talking to someone who grew up finding the secret name in the Atari 2600 game Adventure and was in NBA Jam Tournament Edition! http://youtu.be/hg1JVaRJgwk?t=1m8s lol I've gotsa have my easter eggs!

Yes, I need to start fixing that. Ok, thats on the list... Oh wait.. force of habit. lol.

15. duncfish

duncfish Member

May 23, 2012
    I want to beta test please. I can't find where to make an account for the questlord forums

16. fabiovaldo

fabiovaldo New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Beta test

Me too!!!! I really need it!!! :)

17. SteveWD40

SteveWD40 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Day One. I assume it's Universal? I tend to play deeper games on the iPad due to battery / comfort.

18. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Sorry people, I think he already submitted it too apple... Still worth asking though, you never know.

19. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #79 undeadcow, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
    If the app has been submitted already then why do I keep playing the beta build furiously looking for secrets or other quirks?!? [Because QuestLord is awesome; you will understand in approximately 5-10 days]
    I knew QuestLord was good but being in NBA Jam is a pretty good claim to fame.

20. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Yup! The release will be awesome! I can't wait for everyone to be able to play this awesome game!