Where's the Worms multiplayer update?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by monk666, Dec 6, 2009.

1. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Even the supposedly slow-to-update Gameloft have multiplayer added to modern combat. It is awesome and one question spring to mind immediately.

Where in the world is the Worms multiplayer update?

Really Team17? Is it really this difficult to do?? Can you guys just pay the kil.a.ton guys to do it for you? I'm sure they wouldn't need 4 months to do a stupid multiplayer update. It is a turn-based game for pete's sake.

You said the multiplayer will come later this year, then i last heard it became next year... Oh, with worms sales dropping, you go on and make Worms Express to ding money from unsuspecting players? Worms Express became an epic fail and you removed it from the appstore leaving those that got ding'd out to dry.

Good job Team17, good job.

2. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    Never coming.

3. monk666

Nov 16, 2008
    If there's a list of most-shitty-developers it would be Kahlid Sheik as 1st, MumboJumbo 2nd and Team17 3rd.

4. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Why do you guys hate this game? I think it's good. I don't care if there's a multiplayer coming or not, it's still worth playing.

5. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

it's never coming, if you bought this in hopes for that, you might as well lit it on fire, wiped your ass with it, or sent it to me. atleast it would go to a good cause in those 3 situations.

6. monk666

Nov 16, 2008
    I might just do that.

@5duc29: A single-player gamer will find the game ok. But for me, who'd only play worms (and with proper ninja-ropes control) on consoles and PC, not having online multiplayer is like having a Super Mario game where mario cannot jump.

Also, Team17 being an A$$h0le by lying (or delaying, if u still believe them) and instead spending time cooking up a scam with a 99c worms express game just left a very bad taste in a lot of worms players' mouth. This is just bullshit. Someone needs to call shady developers like Team17 out.

TA should give them a full frontpage public scolding on their bad behavior.

7. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Lost in the abyss that is known as fake promises.

8. monk666

Nov 16, 2008
    I forgot to add, very few people hate this game. It is a game that a lot of people grew up playing. The hate is directed at the shady behavior of Team17. They sold their soul to the devil. It's all dollars signs and profits to them now with the broken promises, unfixed bugs and worms express scam.

9. monk666

Nov 16, 2008
    TA should totally compile a list of vapour-update promises and call out the developers responsible. Maybe that will make them think twice about screwing players over in the future.

Arn, think about it, seriously.

10. estyst

estyst Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Poland
    well, you can hate game itself a bit - after you see how it is working on iPhone (400MHz, 128MB RAM, 480x320, hardware acceleration) and how it was on your old PC (133MHz, 16MB RAM, 640x480, no hardware acceleration) - it worked better on PC and I don't think about having a keyboard...

11. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    Everyone said MC:S's multiplayer would never come but it did. When next year has came we'll be able to be the true judges of the situation.

I agree with someone else partly though.

1. MumboJumbo 2. Khalid Sheikh 3. Tim Langdell (he isn't a dev but I hate him too!)