Allied Star Police - 9 year-old develops game with PopCap as part of Make-A-Wish.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MasterChief3624, Apr 28, 2011.

1. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I'm not sure if this is an old story, but I just read it on Kotaku. There's a 9 year-old boy who has created a game for iDevices with the help of PopCap Games, and in association with the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

http://kotaku.com/#!5796400/nine+year+old-creates-iphone-game-as-popcap-grants-a-wish

It's called Allied Star Police, and it's going to be an RTS game, from the sounds of it.

Thought this was a rather uplifting article in a way. A much more positive article than the tornadoes in the South and security compromises in our technology.

2. danrel

danrel Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Software dealings-with-er, Illustrator
    Central NC
    Excellent! I will be purchasing and gifting this app as soon as it drops. I feel honored to support such a cause for such an awesome little guy. I'm not religious by any stretch of the imagination, but tonight I pray that that kid gets well, some how.

Having had a very close family member with lymphoma that couldn't beat that son of a bitch of a disease, I personally feel for this kid and his family.

All the best to him and thank you MasterChief3624 for bringing this to the TA communities attention.

3. layzerboy

layzerboy Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    Outer Space
    Thats really cute :)

good stuff !

4. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Nothing to say but: "F*CKING AWESOME!!!"

5. AP9TV1

AP9TV1 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2010
    YouTube
    Great article! I will definitely be purchasing the app when it hits the store to support him.

6. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    From front page of TA:

7. daniller

daniller Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    It's super fantastic!

8. Blublub

Blublub Active Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Pure class. First Unpleasant Horse and now this. Gotta love a company that exists to have fun and do good as a top priority. Going to break down for iPad upgrades of my PopCap titles now...

9. Esty H2O

Esty H2O Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Gaming
    Philly
    Awesome

It's stories like this that help reaffirm the belief that there are still good people in this world. I plan on getting this game and telling everyone I know about it. And personally, if I had my way I'd have this game stay on the number 1 spot on the app store in sales.

It really takes a company a large amount of balls to develop and put in the time an energy in a effort like this. Many other developers wouldn't even touch this type of thing and I find this whole deal truly uplifting. And I hope the kid overcomes his ailments and turns into the next great game developer.

10. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Dang, if it's RTS I'm in.

Heck, I'll get it if it's not anyway.