iPhone Shadowrun Returns - (by Harebrained Schemes LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    New Game Plus

Hey All,

I'm nearing the end of my first play through and though I'm disappointed in the overall length of the campaign, I have immensely enjoyed the game. Without reading through dozens of pages on the forum, can anyone confirm if there is a new game+ option once the campaign is completed?

Thanks in advance!

*Note* I am certainly not "complaining" about the game length, just disappointed. I only purchase games with a price tag and am more then satisfied with 10+ hours of entertainment for the $4.99 I paid. Where else can you go and get an hour's worth of entertainment for 50 cents? :)

2. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    As I recall, no new game +.
    I did do a second playthrough and used a different character build though.
    Seems more satisfying than playing through again as the same character.
    You chose a good time to complete it. Shadowrun: Dragonfall should be launching "soon". It was originally slated for October. Moved to November now.
    There won't be a character export as they are two separate apps and the stories are not really Inter-connected.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Finished this today using an adept with heal. :D

Gonna try out being a pistol-slinging cyborg next.

ONE OF THE BEST GAMES AVAILABLE ON iOS. Mechanics (Shadowrun, duh), visuals, gameplay, controls, length, plot twists, and a crap-ton of replayability.

I think it's still on sale, so get it if you havent.

And im ready for the next expansion. It seems Dragonfall will be added into the existing app... Maybe through IAP? There's a campaign list in the app, so that may be what'll happen. Im cool with it too if it was a separate app.

4. Savant

Savant Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Nice! I always play Mage in RPG's so that's what I ran the game with.. a Mage / Shaman to be exact. Definitely lots of replayability with the diff. characters you can create for Shadowrun. Hopefully they release the expansion already and the user-based content next.

5. Nobunaga

Jun 2, 2012
    "Harebrained Schemes We're submitted to Apple so we're at their mercy at this point but it should be soon!
    about an hour ago" HBS FaceBook Re: Dragonfall for iOS.

6. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Dammit, between Icewind Dale and that now coming, I need to start clearing out some games on the ole iPad!

7. Nobunaga

Jun 2, 2012
    Yeah. I don't use the iPad for games too much. I had to decide if I could finish icewind dale before this came out, don't think I could install both at once.

8. mid83

mid83 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2014
    How is this compared to the pc version?

9. AchillesReborn

AchillesReborn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Strange that the iOS version is tablet only, since the android version isn't tablet only.

10. Nobunaga

Jun 2, 2012
    #390 Nobunaga, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
    It's missing the user developed content and the editor that allows people to create content.
    What there is, the main campaign and soon to be added DragonFall expansion, is the same as PC. If you have a PC that you use for games or could run this, I'd suggest that instead.
    I prefer the functionality of the iPad version. I'm not bringing my computer everywhere I go. I can use the iPad from hotel rooms, on airplanes, in work camps, wherever really.

Edit: HBS confirmed that Dragonfall will be releasing as a separate App.

11. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    So I'm pretty stumped, been having a blast so far but now I have NO idea how to proceed. I'm at the area where you need to use a specific weapon to kill certain enemies. Only one of the guys I got by default has the weapon that can do damage during 2nd phase. (Sorry I'm being so super vague, don't want to spoil it for anyone).

Anyways, the problem is it takes 3 shots to kill the enemy, and the character's gun only can shoot twice before having to reload. Nobody else has anything that can do damage to the enemy in that 2nd phase. So, how in the world am I supposed to kill them? Name of the mission is "the hunt begins".

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Your main character should have the weapon, and so does the other guy provided you with. So there should be 2 of those weapons at your disposal. You can also recruit a third if i remember correctly, that has this weapon, but that im not too sure.

Take a Shaman with you as well. They have a buff that gives +1 to action points which should allow one character to shoot, shoot, reload, shoot in one turn (4AP).

I hope that helps.

13. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    Well i guess they lied, otherwise it should be released already.

14. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    So... You wanna one-star them? :D

15. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Thanks for the response, I reloaded the level and main char does not have the weapon, searched through stash also. I hope I didn't screw myself by not buying it or something. So I guess the only thing left is to see if I have the shaman skill for AP. Otherwise....there's no way to proceed.

16. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    Wish i could do that on their twitter page :) but for the game it would be blasphemy to one star it.

17. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
  18. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    I really hope it has bigger text this time or at least like baldur's gate an adjustable text size. Doubt it though.

19. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
  20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Finally! This week has been weak, at least this news got me pumped.