Forget-Me-Not

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by nyarla, Mar 2, 2011.

1. nyarla

nyarla Well-Known Member

#1 nyarla, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
    Hi! Check out my new little game, Forget-Me-Not:

Retro-ish, arcadey, endless, procedurally generated maze collect/shoot-em-up. For one or two players (2p on the same device. It's a universal app...)

Video is from awhile ago, I've added more stuff since then.. might make a new video soon. I submitted the game to Apple tonight, so with any luck it'll be out in a week or two.. Yay!

Here's what I put into iTunes as the app description:

2. e_sweezy

e_sweezy Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Saw your game on Indiegames-Weblog a couple weeks back, and have been waiting for word that you've submitted it to the app store. Will be purchasing as soon as it's available.

3. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Another nyarla game? Sweet!

Though, I think it's not as rad as Space Surfing was. :(

When will Space Surfing get it's own separate app and get upgraded? :D

4. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    seems like todays pac-man... i like

5. nyarla

nyarla Well-Known Member

cheers guys :)

doodlejumper: Super Space Surfing?... one day!... when i have time.. Forget-Me-Not was a quick fun project done in between other stuff.

Fireball926: Pac-Man is of course an influence :) But the biggest influence is these two obscure little Commodore 64 games, Crossroads 1 and 2. They have big mazes packed full of tiny little enemies, screen wrapping, bullets which keep flying forever until they hit something, etc.. the big thing I liked about those games was the feeling they give you that you, the player, are just another little creature in the maze, not much different from the enemies.

Some F-M-N pics...
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. Bridget

Bridget Member

Mar 14, 2011
    This game really looks incredible. I saw this originally on Indie-game-blog or whatever it's called, and it really looks like my kinda thing. I'm familiar with the Crossroads games myself, which was indeed the first thing I thought of when I saw this.

Any idea on when exactly this might finally appear for download on the store?

I've heard that the submission process for these can be quite a hassle sometimes and can take forever.... hoping that wont happen.

7. nyarla

nyarla Well-Known Member

#7 nyarla, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
    Hey, thanks! I had originally submitted it awhile ago, but then I ended up cancelling that so I could add a few more things to the game.. finally submitted version 1.0 two days ago. So hopefully it'll appear in one more week.