Universal Real Racing 3 by Electronic Arts

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by matthew-13, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Hobbesian

Hobbesian Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Can confirm timers for repairs are back, 5 mins for three items. Service timers however seem to still be reduced.

2. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    At the rate in which, "inappropriate" posts are removed, this thread will probably end up with a negative post count. Sad.

Good luck to all, and remember, video games don't really matter, which is ironic because, well, you know...;):D

DBC

3. racer-007

racer-007 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2013
    If indeed the repair times are back, then I called it right. For once, somebody has been correct about something in this thread ;)

4. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

#1004 Der-Kleine, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
    Yep, they're back for me too, but they seem to be only half as long as they were originally, 10 broken things took ~5 minutes to repair for me.

5. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I just got one a track to see if they were after smashing into Danny and some guys from china and losing the race to kill my car I'm waiting a hour so yea there back again

6. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Ok so you've remained optimistic about the rollout. Cool. Many haven't. Probably because they have seen other franchises go down this path with EA in the past. Or because the product was hyped for ages with no mention of timers until just before launch. Whatever the reason both sides are valid. It's called discussion. Why the hell was the thread that was specifically made for the NZ/Aus release (beta) chopped at changed when clearly it is not the finished game. There shouldn't be a RR3 Rant thread as its not the final version.
    There is good chance that the #### EA drum has made a difference here and justified the beta and hype around the game. When this thread was chopped up yesterday at 80 pages it didn't help anyone it just diluted the discussion.

7. racer-007

Feb 15, 2013
    Is that poop? Seriously? How do I make it appear?

8. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    RR3 is now 3 stars on the Aussie App Store. Strangely it was on the New and Noteworthy section of the front page yesterday but now it's been removed

9. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Fiber and coffee

10. chk1975

chk1975 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Does anybody has syncing between devices working?

I found a link to a website in the settings.
    It says visit the webpage for automatic backup off progress but when I try to visit the page nothing comes up.

11. sabin1981

sabin1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Engineer
    Norway
    Seems Milnic got banned and his/her posts edited... oh look who was right!

Stay classy, TouchArcadEA.

12. racer-007

Feb 15, 2013
    User banned for sharing an exploit? Sounds cheeky.

13. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Let's be clear, the only reason there are such big wait times in the game are to encourage people to part with a bit of cash so they make money, as it's the only way they will do so.

I find it odd to embrace freemium, but to do so without using the advertising revenue approach. Higher profile publishers feel ads compromise their brand and quality image but this involves seriously putting user disruption into play and compromising the user experience, risking this kind of reaction we're seeing here.

If you had to watch an advert before each race, or pay to have them removed, as well as have coin IAPs as a progress booster (or pay-to-cheat) for an otherwise balanced game, would people prefer it? Would they make more overall in doing so?

14. sabin1981

Mar 12, 2012
    Engineer
    Norway
    @Elton

I fully appreciate that developers/publishers have to earn money, but what was wrong with the way RR2 was handled? I've certainly never heard or read of FireMint complaining about not earning enough money from RR2 -- and the game was loved by everyone. RR2 was a huge, beautiful, engaging racing game that people adored and lauded constantly. What changed between RR2 and RR3? EA bought the company. Well isn't that just shocking? EA buys the company and suddenly the game is geared towards insane IAP costs and practices, which are then met with obvious anger.

Now Eli claims it was all planned and that it's just a "beta" (... what?) and that things always going to change, so there was no point complaining in the first place. Well that's hilarious to me, since this was the same Eli that just yesterday said there was nothing wrong and there was no pay wall at all --- even though he paid to clear the six hour wait time on his service. It's insulting. I'm fairly certain I'm not alone when I say we'd rather have just had another $10 upfront payment, much like RR2 was.

15. krautboy

krautboy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011

16. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    Lmao

17. sabin1981

Mar 12, 2012
    Engineer
    Norway
    #1017 sabin1981, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  18. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    I wonder if a controller could be used while playing on the ipad?

19. HadToDoItToEm

HadToDoItToEm Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Software Engineer
    Melbourne, FL
    People starving around the world and we're bitching about a free mobile game.

Gotta love America.

20. ssahnan

ssahnan Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Was curious if syncing across devices works, does it just sync progress or does it sync purchases, coins accrued, etc?