Looking for Feedback [Splatz]

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by splatz, Jun 20, 2013.

1. splatz

splatz Member

Jun 18, 2013
  2. flathead

flathead Active Member

May 16, 2013
    How many downloads have you had so far?

3. splatz

splatz Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Around about 30,000-40,000. Getting about 10 In app purchases a day. Not much

Don't know if its more marketing I need or changing the game structure

4. z3dd

z3dd Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    #4 z3dd, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
    More marketing doesn't help. I like this game and idea with tomatos. From number of downloads you should get total between $400 - $8000 based on fremium games ratio between 1% - 20%. There are two variables: number of downloads and ratio.

Hints to increase ratio:
    - only one In-App purchase is definitely too small. You should spread this between $0.79 and fe. $4.99
    - you should lock higher levels and make them avaible after In-App purchase
    - the levels are too simple, people don't need hints

Hints to increase number of downloads:
    - where is button share with friends (email, facebook, twitter) ?
    - where is button share result (email, facebook, twitter ), these two social buttons is must have in every game
    - you should hire better designer, the graphics are too simple
    - when you play more, music becomes little annoying
    - optimize game, on iPhone 5 it's little laggy
    - game looks better without ads

5. splatz

splatz Member

Jun 18, 2013

6. lokiman

lokiman Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Vampire
    Principality of Zeon
    Did you change the price from Free to 1.79 EUR? It looks too high for my taste, but the game in its current state should stay paid until you tweak/balance in-app purchases (hint system) like z3dd said because almost nothing "forces" user to pay after free download. Not that I am a supporter for freemium games but if you want to go that direction some things need to be changed :D :D :D

Good Luck! ;)

PS.: statement about "simple graphics" should not be taken in a bad way but you can definitely improve in that area.

7. i-kari

i-kari Active Member

I think that is a highly optimistic number. If you are lucky you might get 5% of paying users, but most probably that number is somewhere around 1% - 2%. This is for free-to-play apps.

Your app description states that it has "Over 1million Users. Currently Ranked in The Top 5 Games Apps Around The World". Can you please explain who do you count as a "user"? You said you had about 40,000 downloads. If you are in the top 5 you are not doing too bad!

Now, for the improvements. I feel that in its current form the game's asking price of 1,79 EUR is too much, but with a few updates even that should not be too far fetched:

Graphics overhaul + more polish

Currently the graphics are functional, but you could improve in this area. Add particle effects, make it more alive. Give more visual feedback for user actions. I suppose a more cartoony style would work here. Have a look at some of the top match 3 games in the market for examples.

Power ups and/or special tomatoes

These could add more depth & layers to the gameplay. Use your imagination! Again, have a look at similar games in the app store for ideas.

Meta goals

You could have a mission system which is very popular nowadays. Completing missions could reward the player in different ways, or you could have game center achievements. "Splat 100 tomatoes", "Play 50 games", etc. Again only your imagination is the limit.

I hope these help or at least point you to the right direction. Good luck!

8. michaeldouma

michaeldouma Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Educational app dev
    Maryland, USA
    Can you clarify, what is the 30,000-40,000 per? per day? since launch? per month? And how does that relate to the comment about millions?