Vampire Rush HD - $0.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by rann, May 23, 2011.

1. rann

rann Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2011
    #1 rann, May 23, 2011
    Last edited: May 23, 2011

Vampire Rush

***ON SALE FOR A VERY LIMITED TIME!***

Requirements: iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch (3rd generation 16GB/32GB…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details

Requirements: iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch (3rd generation 16GB/32GB or 4th generation), or iPad.

Nobody likes vampires, everyone likes heroes! Slay werewolves, vampire bloodsuckers, and all of their minions, while upgrading your skills and building defensive towers.

Vampire Rush is an explosive combination of tower defense and survival action genres. Improve your sword combat skills, gain special abilities, and don’t forget to place your towers wisely to survive the countless Vampire hordes!

Press Quotes
    "Vampire Rush successfully mixes two great genres to help define its own category." — Slide to Play, 4/4 Must Have

"If you enjoy tower defense games and are looking for a variation...then you’ll find a lot to like about Vampire Rush." — TouchArcade

"It’s as action packed as tower defense games get." — DigitallyDownloaded

"Vampire Rush is a successful marriage of the tower defense and hack and slash genres." — PocketGamer, 8/10

"Vampire Rush is neck-bitingly great!" — CapsuleComputers

Vampire Rush Highlights
    • Full Retina support.
    • Four upgradable tower types.
    • Eight upgradable skills, including special abilities like Fire Powder, Freeze Reagent, and more!
    • Five enemy types, from Vampire Minions to terrifying Dark Lords and Werewolves.
    • Amazing 3D environments and skill effects.

For more information or support, please visit www.chillingo.com.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Strategy
    Release:Apr 28, 2011
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (3)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Vampire Rush HD

Nobody likes vampires, everyone likes heroes! Slay werewolves, vampire b…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details

Nobody likes vampires, everyone likes heroes! Slay werewolves, vampire bloodsuckers, and all of their minions, while upgrading your skills and building defensive towers.

Vampire Rush is an explosive combination of tower defense and survival action genres. Improve your sword combat skills, gain special abilities, and don’t forget to place your towers wisely to survive the countless Vampire hordes!

Press Quotes
    "If you enjoy tower defense games and are looking for a variation...then you’ll find a lot to like about Vampire Rush." — TouchArcade

"It’s as action packed as tower defense games get." — DigitallyDownloaded

"Vampire Rush is a successful marriage of the tower defense and hack and slash genres." — PocketGamer, 8/10

"Vampire Rush is neck-bitingly great!" — CapsuleComputers

Vampire Rush Highlights
    • Four upgradable tower types.
    • Eight upgradable skills, including special abilities like Fire Powder, Freeze Reagent, and more!
    • Five enemy types, from Vampire Minions to terrifying Dark Lords and Werewolves.
    • Amazing 3D environments and skill effects.

For more information or support, please visit www.chillingo.com.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Strategy
    Release:Apr 28, 2011
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (3)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Tried this on an iPhone 4 and found the animations to be a bit stiffer than what I expected. Tempted to buy this version to play on the iPad 2 but unsure. Has anyone else tried it on an iPad?

3. Marcus70

Marcus70 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    How many levels does it have?

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    iPod/iPhone version is also $0.99.

5. a_steroids

a_steroids Well-Known Member

That's a little bug we have there with animation, sorry! It will be fixed with an update though - which is coming very soon. Other improvements on the way too!

Campaign has 7 levels - takes hours to complete. While progressing through the story, endless Survival Arenas are unlocked (3 total).

6. Caputt-Mattes

Caputt-Mattes New Member

May 7, 2011
    Clerk
    Germany
    I bought it for the very low discount-price. The tower-defense-hack'n'slay-mixture plus the comicesque, "Van Helsing"-like, colourful style early got my attention - but I did not like the graphic results, neither in screenshots, nor in videos. I wanted to give it a try, now, that it is discounted. But unfornutately, I must say - this game is extremely ugly. Don't get me wrong, it might be a great and funny game. But there are too many examples out there in the app-store, that have absolutely GREAT visuals and are crafted by very small Indie-Teams... Perhaps you could throw in some extra eyecandy for iPad2-owners, without starting from scratch. I played it on an iPad2 and it still lacks from very disappointing visuals, sorry :(

7. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Please don't get me wrong- your opinions could be very accurate about the visuals, gameplay, etc., but don't mistake the publisher Chillingo - large company - for the developer - A-Steroids, which is probably a very small team. For many of the small indies, getting a large company to publish their games is the way they are actually able to make something in the extremely competetive app market.

8. a_steroids

a_steroids Well-Known Member

Hey, Caputt-Mattes, the next update that is coming very soon among other things will bring better visuals specially designed for iPad2. I say you give it a try when it's out :)