YESSS!! my first app was accepted!

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by rmdmedia, Oct 25, 2015.

1. rmdmedia

rmdmedia Member

Oct 24, 2015
    Hi Guys, yesterday i finally got that email that im sure many of you love. my first ever app was accepted on to the app store :)

I made a free game which is pretty simple but fun, im now already in the process of creating my second game.

anyway, i would love some feedback:

here is my game which i called solar boy:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/solar-boy-escape-from-space/id1043534281?ls=1&mt=8

heres the synopsis of the game:

Solar Boy's mission to mars has been a catastrophe. Asteroids have destroyed his ship. Your job is to navigate space, avoiding the asteroids to get Solar Boy home safely. Explore the depths of space picking up coins to increase your score, but watch out for those deadly space asteroids otherwise Solar Boy will be lost in space forever.

This free game is a ton of fun, it takes seconds to pick up but lightyears to master. Solar boy - Escape From Space offers a unique and fun gameplay experience which all the family can enjoy.

and some screens are attached:

so if you get time please give it a download and let me know what i need to improve on :)

Attached Files:

2. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 9, 2011
    Games Developer
    Brisbane, Australia
    I have not tried the game (honestly, iPad is not charged and my main device is a droid) but your store listing needs some work. The description is great but the screenshots are lacking. As a general rule of thumb I say to avoid menus (you have what appears to be the main menu as your first image and the last image is the game over screen). Do you have a gameplay trailer?

3. Square Pug

Square Pug Member

Oct 9, 2015
    Congrats on your first listing!

I noticed in the last screenshot it says "hardest and most fun game you will ever play". Thats a biggggg claim :p

4. Option4Studios

Option4Studios Active Member

Jan 1, 2014
    Well done!

Maybe show the gamer's overall highest score, unless I'm being a donut and missed it. I would ideally want to try and beat my top score, but have a memory of a sieve.

5. rmdmedia

rmdmedia Member

Oct 24, 2015
    thanks for the replies guys, ive just released my second and third apps so hopefully they are better than my first one

6. RareSloth

RareSloth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Congrats on the release! What's next for you?

7. rmdmedia

rmdmedia Member

Oct 24, 2015
    thanks mate, i think im going to try a non game app next. competition is really hard with games and downloads are not coming in as much as i would want. but its all a learning process at the moment.

8. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    The game looks well polished but it is always going to be hard for downloads with not much marketing and a game which doesn't really stand out.

9. ackmondual

ackmondual Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    U.S.A., earth
    He seems to have a point... game market seems to be really saturated vs. non-game apps. With non-game apps, it's harder to have your ideas cloned, undoing alot of your hard work.

10. rmdmedia

rmdmedia Member

Oct 24, 2015
    working on a non game app now, but just doing initial research. tough going so far. thanks for the comments guys appreciate it.

11. David_Don_13

David_Don_13 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Ireland