Poll: Do you like Rolando?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by brewstermax, Dec 27, 2008.

?

Do you like Rolando

1. Yes

209 vote(s)
    68.1%
  2. No

98 vote(s)
    31.9%
  1. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

This is a poll for everybody, because the game seems to be getting mixed reaction lately. I have it, and I love it, but I want to know what you all think. Post comments to explain.

2. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    I think some people are hating it only because of all the hype it got. I bought it and I enjoy it a lot. Others are complaining it is a little on the short side, but it really isn't too terribly short. It's a game that lasts at least five hours and more if you decide to get the achievements.

I'd give the game 9/10, but a perfect 10 if it had downloadable/user created levels. That way you wouldn't have to worry about the length of the game and it would help justify the price more for the people who don't like purchasing higher priced apps.

3. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    EDIT: ^Yes, what he said, about user created levels, that would be fun.

I dont have it, but the reason that i never bought it is because the gameplay never really impressed me. I mean honestly, it seemed a little boring, idk. I really should look up a gameplay vid on youtube or something to makea final judgement, but then theres the issue of its legnth. So i think before i bought it id have to know they were planning an expansion, or something of that sort.

4. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    i voted no, it looks like a crapp im not into those type of games anyway rofl

5. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    every app should (in my opinion) have user created levels it makes the game more worth while and more fun etc.............

6. istopmotion

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    You don't like platformers? How is that possible? :p This is the highest quality platformer type game you can get for the iPhone. Toy Bot Diaries is definitely second on the list.

7. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Thats what I think. I mean rolling colorful balls around, doesn't really attract my interest

8. jeepster2982

jeepster2982 Active Member

Dec 13, 2008
    its actually not as easy as it looks, some of the later levels require some thinking and precision, i hated the hype but love the game its all i play these days

9. Underoath777

Underoath777 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    L-Dot, Ontario
    I downloaded it and it really sucks. Rolling those balls around is so boring. I dont know how can they say that it is the best game on the iphone. I knew it since before it was released that it would suck.

10. brewstermax

I gave it a perfect 10 (well i go to 5, but same thing). Its a great game, and really fun. It is the greatest game currently on the app store, and should end up at #1 sometime, but only because Sim City boosted my confidence in $9.99 apps being #1.

11. madsoul

madsoul Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    youl have to be mentally insane to NOT like it at least a little.

12. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    ^Now i think thats a little overstated. Not everyone has to like it, i mean, it might not be their kind of game.

See, thats the other thing, i have my fair share of games that require strategy and precision and whatnot, right now, im looking for some more gas an go games (AlienMangle, awesome; NFSSSS)

Nice name lol underoath ftw

13. istopmotion

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    I think this thread needs to be limited to the people who actually bought the game.

I'm fine with people posting their thoughts on it w/o owning it (as long as they mention they don't have it), but I'm not ok with users saying it sucks when they've never even played it.

14. illucius

illucius Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    I didn't even realise their was hype for this game up until the last week before it came out. At first I was a little turned off by the hype, but then I played it and loved it. It's my favourite game for the iPhone.

15. henr1kk

henr1kk Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Independent Game Designer and Developer
    Porto, Portugal
    I bought it on day 1 and I love it!
    I've already finished the game and am now getting all the achievements.
    It's fun, but a little short. Maybe they'll release a new story mode via an update. That'll be great!

16. brewstermax

I got it on like Day 2 or 3, and I loved it. I'm still going back and getting all of the medals and whatnot. Its a great game that can only get better in updates. Any better and it will break my reviewing scale.

17. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Can we add "Still waiting for a price drop" to the survey??? I want it, but this is one of the games I can wait for a price drop, even if it's 3 months... If it's been 3 months and no drop, then I will get it. :)

18. brewstermax

I would, but I don't know how to edit the poll. I was going to add a few other options, but it would complicate it too much. The poll is mainly for people who already have it.

19. cjh625

cjh625 Active Member

Dec 6, 2008
    played it, not bad, but personally i dont really like it.
    they shouldve include more type of goal in this game other than saving king or just going in to the tent thingy (which could be done in user-made maps?)or more type of rolando, its kinda get repeatitive and boring after playing it for a while. (im kind of people who likes games with a lot of features like GTA) well that was just my opinion

20. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    I took me several days to finish it, and I loved it. If people say it's a bit short I won't strongly disagree, but I didn't rush through the game, so I enjoyed every moment of it. It's a game that's challenging and you won't completely make it the first time through. However, achieving all the goals is defenitely possible with a few tries. It could have been a little more challenging, but I did thoroughly enjoy the gameplay, replayability, and the discussions about the game here on the forums (which, for me, are also part of the enjoyment of a game).