Epic Astro Story discussion and questions

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Dorian, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Dorian

Dorian Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hey all, I've been playing Kairosoft's new space colony sim Epic Astro Story, and loving it so far! The new RPG elements of deploying Away Teams to explore new areas and fight monsters is exactly what the needed to keep their formula from getting stale.

Has anyone else been playing it? What's your opinions? Should Kairosoft keep along with adding an RPG metagame within their sims?

Also I have one question that I'm hoping one of you can answer....How do I get the Factory to work? I have it beside an Exporter and an active field, but it's not doing anything at all.

2. Midnight

Midnight Member

Dec 13, 2011
    Kairospot, has alot of information and guides about the games. You should go check it out, they'll be able to give more detailed advice and info.

As for the factory, im not too sure. I played for a while, but sort of lost interest again. I think Kairosoft should continue on with this RPG element, but should probably change the style a bit more like in Dungeon Adventure story on the Android or even EAS.

3. Dorian

Dorian Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Never heard of Kairospot, I'll take a look around there, thanks!
    And unfortunately I don't have an Android phone...hoping Dungeon Adventure Story will make its way to iOS, so I can give it a whirl.

I figured out the factory problem (just needed to have houses close enough to it)

4. tfobf

tfobf Active Member

Nov 1, 2009
    bulding cpmputers
    canada
    This game is OK, but it needs some more polish. There's a lot of text with the bottom missing, and there are some obvious bugs. The game itself seems to go in many directions at once without doing any of them very well. There's the exploration part which is probably the most interesting bit of the game, there's the fighting part and there's the city building/tourism part. All of these seem to be acting independently of each other. You can actually get quite far in the game doing nothing but fighting, you don't even need the factory parts at all since it is way more profitable to explore the map and win battles.