iPad STREET FIGHTER IV Volt - [Capcom]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 29, 2011.

1. TheXion

TheXion Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Student Physiotherapist
    Leonel's creepy roommate
    Hahaha good times...you guys know I got nothing but love for you all.

2. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Damn. 3,000 pages of awesome Volt discussions. I think we would have made it a month ago if we didn't have so many deleted posts. Haha.

3. juls363

juls363 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    1V1 RIGHT NOW. WHO'S UP????? Add me gc= juls363

Let's fricken play.

4. Indy

Indy Well-Known Member

May 26, 2008
    Ok so I dl'd this a while back and ended up dropping my phone and shattering my screen before I really got into playing it.

I'm waiting for the new iPhone to really get in it deep but can someone explain some things for me please?

So, can I build up a player or stats or something in single player and take it into multiplayer later on when I feel I can play on my new phone?

The game is a little confusing to me with all the menus and options. Anyone break it down for a newb?

Thanks.

5. TenOnez

TenOnez Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    #29365 TenOnez, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
    3000th page? Here's my big Volt related post then.

Secret to my success? Limitless mashing.

No, it's just your regular fighting game. You pick one character and your opponent picks one character. There is no character leveling system, however you can get "Battle Points" for winning Ranked Matches. This is just a show off number and doesn't really make you stronger or anything.

You just train with your character of choice, learn their moves, try to tie those moves up into "Combos" which will help you with doing more damage to your opponent.

Menu:

Solo Play: Single Player stuff. Arcade (Run through 7 matches with CPU), Free Sparring (VS against CPU. Pick your character, opponent and their difficulty as well as stage, Survival (Last as long as you can), Training Room (Train your character with different options), Wandering Warrior (Get points that you can use for titles after fighting people online), Challenge (Complete challenging combos. Helps to learn what characters can do)

Bluetooth Versus: Play against your friend.

Team Ranking Battle: Takes you to "Battle Network", where you can check your online page and see comments, your special titles, team stuff, etc.

Stats: Your stats from playing the game in both Single and Multiplayer.

Online Versus: Play against people all over the world. Ranked Match (Fight for Battle Points and overall ranking) and Friendly Match (Fight online against people. No one loses or gains anything).

Player Cards: Check your Card and see characters you've used, etc as well as people you've played.

6. Indy

Indy Well-Known Member

May 26, 2008
    Thanks! I'll get started playing again then.

What about smashing up a car? I used to love that, lol. :D

7. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    No bonus stages in SF Volt, sadly

8. User58394

User58394 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    #29368 User58394, Aug 7, 2012
    @harlequinrogue

I ment you can cancel it into a Focus Attack. You can even cancel it into a super.

3000 pages! Happy 3000 pages everyone! I hope we can continue into SFxT like this.

9. SquallLose3000

SquallLose3000 New Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Hey guys, how do you do Focus Attacks :)

10. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    30002nd post WOOOOO

11. ivwshane

ivwshane Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2011
    Lol
    $5 says you created a false account just to get to the 30,000th post!:p

30003 is the better number anyway;)

12. ivwshane

Oct 7, 2011
    Lol

I was seriously waiting for 29999 to be posted so I could be next and I got side tracked :(

13. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Some sweeps are super cancellable. You can do that with guiles sweep too

@hieu, I uploaded the replay of my chun vs your viper. Because you shouldn't lose matchups like that

14. mschoto

mschoto Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Neurologist
    Venus, Cambodia
    After 18 attempts Ph0en1x77 finally defeated me! Ha ha ha... What a spammer!:D

15. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Yes, I know your viper was weak. And I'm pretty sure, you've spent more time on your bison this week than I have ever spent on balrog

16. FINIX00

FINIX00 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Mars
    #29376 FINIX00, Aug 7, 2012
    I only started using Abel about last night, and there are LOADS of people RQ on me already. Maybe more than when I use anybody else.

I feel good lol

Edit: by any chance, if anyone could give me (mainly abel) a harsh training it'd be much appreciated. I am free for a bit :) thanks

17. ivwshane

Oct 7, 2011
    Yeah but not seriously (well I try not to be serious). There are just so many rage quitters now that you can't take it serious. But there are a couple of players that really piss me off (a super lame cammy with a crappy ken is one of them and another srk spamming m-fer that beats me some how).

18. TheXion

TheXion Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Student Physiotherapist
    Leonel's creepy roommate
    I would happily destroy your Abel :p
    I'll be back from work around 12:30-1am though lol

19. FINIX00

FINIX00 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Mars
    Great! I will invite you around 1:30 or later, then. Relax and wait for it. when selecting your character, you'll see an option for some stars. You'd better put less stars for sure it will help you a lot. Lol

20. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    done. XD. I like what you are doing with your Abel. Nice resets, combos and style. The guile matchup (especially against a rush down guile) is rough.

One thing that Abel players catch me with alot is jumping p (air to air) then as soon as they land cr k xx CoD. The cr k beats out the jump attempt