Seabeard (Developed by Hand Circus and published by Backflip Studios)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Cevan, Mar 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    I hate to be the one to tell you this, but those people simply aren't the target audience for games like this. That's just business.

Online only freemium games are the top money makers for mobile. That's what the devs of seabeard specialize in. The fact that people like it enough to wish for an offline version, raer than just saying, "Online only? Oh well, not playing it," shows that the devs are good at their craft and are making enjoyable games. But if you don't have constant net access and don't want to pay a few bucks here and there over the life of the game, then you just aren't the kind of player that thus game was made for, and to be brutally honest, the devs couldn't care less about your frustration.

I'm not trying to be rude towards you or the devs in any way, so please don't take it that way. I'm just saying that the game industry is just that, an industry, so each developer comes up with their own strategy for generating profit, which means their product will not be designed for everyone.

There are plenty of wonderful games on iOS. Don't waste your time being frustrated with this one. :)

2. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    This is why such sites exists to get save files and such things that allow you to have free iAP .. Because of this garbage, these things exist .. Never saw this stuff back when iPods first came out with a appstore... No freemium shit .. I bought all my games loved that all were offline and fun no needed extras involved unless u wanted special optional bonus ..
    Recently my friend shows me that you can get free unlock iAP ...
    in my eyes I hate it but then I hate freemium games so im stuck between something I never want to do and something that could solve my freemium game issues forever sigh....
    Coaster crazy hated it waited and eventually a new deluxe came out I saved up and got a card and bought it dumping the freemium one ... I don't like these freemium games but if they are going to be greedy then I say let them be hacked .. He has unlimited money in sims freeplay never new a wifi game could get hacked but then again he's smarter with stuff..

This game is the worst type of freemium I still say the pearls are a pain in the but and needing this to get rid of roots or that to get rid of rocks is BS ..
    Wish everyone would do what coaster crazy did make a "freemium version full game" then make a paid version everything you earn up to never spending any money.. Offline would be a good deal too for now I abandon this game and im going back to oceanhorn a true console quailty game ..

3. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    Yeah, you lost me when you admitted that you'll use hacks to cheat developers out of revenue. I don't care if they're freemium, you're part of the problem. "These things, " i.e. game cracks, existed long before freemium but I'm sure your belief that all freemium game developers are just out to rob you is a lovely rationalization.

I don't have the energy to explain to you why freemium is the dominant business model in the AppStore, but this developer's blog post might educate you as to why premium game development is too often a losing proposition. Just replace "Steam" with "AppStore."

That is not to say I'm happy about it. I truly wish game developers could expect a fair return for their hard work with the premium model, but that is not reality anymore. The small handful of premium games in the charts that were not ported from already-successful PC/console products are just exceptions that prove the rule.

4. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    I didnt say I used these things ... Keep reading ... That was my opinion on why these iAP things that my friend is showing me exist ... If these freemium games didnt try to nickle and dime you to actually enjoy the game .. Yes some people only have say a ipod or ipad that is there o ly gaming device ...you get these games where you can only play so much ..before paying to have anymore fun is a must what happened to the day when games were full ... Ipod 2g i had and bought sims 3 ambitions and world adventures they were full and fun now .. Sigh now its all garbage stuff.. I have been around the iOS world Long time I know that back there were not that many freemium games .. There were apps that told what app went free which i used many times and then you bought the apps or saved up your points in other apps to get paid full apps ..no I do not use these iAP things he uses but after him showing me these things it just shocks me what he can do and get ... If freemium games were not so greedy these things would never exist .. They were never around back on ipod 2g ios 3 ios 4 sigh .. Im not the only one thinking this game got ruined by the freemium model I do not play it anymore I thought I found a new oceanhorn but I didnt and its fine .. This day and age people want and enjoy and defend this freemium crap not me ... Make it paid no iAP no energy everything earned offline playable then I will happily buy it just like I did with oceanhorn...sure you may have to save abit to buy it but once you do the joy of a full console game to play offline in the car is priceless ^-^ good game ruined by freemium model not my type sorry I will not defend it ...

5. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Company makes a product to sell, thieves and cheapskates figure out ways to get the product for free. So the company designs new ways to sell the product and the thieves and cheapskates figure out new ways to steal it. It's a never ending loop. You can thank the thieves and cheapskates for the state of the game industry today.

6. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014