iPad Real Racing 2 - (by Firemint)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #1601 Rip73, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
    Haven't tried it. Hadn't come across it before even. I have ip5 and iPad 2 so covered device wise.
    I'll have to give it a shot just for the comparison. It's not expensive at 1.99 so won't bother with the lite version.
    Thanks for the info.

2. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Do let me know your thoughts, privately if you prefer; I'm genuinely curious.

3. Solidfart

Solidfart Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    This game is sold as a sim but it's always far from a sim. Cars never respond well to breaking around corners which is ironic since one would think these SPORTS CARS are design with racing in mind, so they would have better traction and handling. But with RR2 prepare to start breaking VERY early or else, there goes your backend.

In terms of physic n AI, Reckless Racing 2 mops the floor with RR2 in the physics department as well as AI. in Reckless R2, hitting your opponent has immediate consequences for both of you. Also your cars reaction after you hit the railing depends on how fast you were going as we'll as the angle. So in reality, Reckless R2 is closer to a SIM than RR2 has ever been. And when it comes to AI, I have a lot of fun with it. Cause the Reckless R2 AI drivers aren't perfect. They make mistakes. I have witnessed multiple car collisions in Reckless 2 that had nothing to do with my input. Just too many cars going through a tight turn with excess speed. In RR2 I was able to cause a few big collisions when the game first came out. Now after the many useless updates, the AI drivers are pretty much like driving tanks. Not thanks firemint, it's just not fun!

So far in all the interviews I've read about RR3, all I hear is "console graphics" and "time shifted multiplayer". Yes those are great but I'm beginning to feel like there's not much else worth talking about and RR3 will be RR2 with console graphics, new multiplayer mode, real tracks, more cars and that will be it. Crappy fake physics will remain as will perfect AI.

4. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I know, you're right, I really should have known better.
    I always tend to fall for it when I have a lot of support for the dev and their product.

5. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I'll post on its own thread after I've got some decent play time , don't want to post too off topic here even though its a relevant comparison.
    But initial physics impressions are good and when you said heavily on the sim side, you weren't joking. That's a good thing though.

6. Solidfart

Sep 28, 2012
    Yes, we understand fanboys can't help to attack anyone with different opinions about their precious game. At the end though it's only a game and others are still entitled to their POV.

7. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #1607 Rip73, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
    I in no way attacked you whatsoever, I certainly disagreed with your opinion which, if you can express an opinion, going by your argument, I'm entitled to disagree with it.
    I, however, don't have to lower my own standards and use swear words (which a moderator had to edit out of your post) and rhetoric along your lines. I can verbalise in a much more civilised manner.
    And if being a supporter of a developer and enjoying their products leads to being called a fanboy, call me fanboy all you want, I thoroughly am a Firmonkeys fanboy and eagerly anticipate all their games. No problem with that whatsoever.
    And, finally, this is a games forum so it is perfectly normal to engage on the subject of games and games impressions despite the subject matter being "only a game".

8. Solidfart

Sep 28, 2012
    #1608 Solidfart, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
    Nice effort in trying to make face, civilized person. But guess what... too late!

I'm just a gamer loyal to no dev. I call it as I see it. Please don't bother replying to my sub-standard rethorics cause I won't read it. But I know you can't help your highly civilized self!

9. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Needs iPhone/Touch 5 widescreen support. Please add.

10. Scary Guns

Scary Guns Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2012
    I find this game to be real weak in the simulation aspect. All that was done was made cars harder than normal to control. A real simulation of a racing game would be to have the feel of the wheels as you drive. When I play this game all I feel is the car driving on ice. This game needs harder breaking since the feel on that is way too weak as well.
    I rather play a Need for speed game.

11. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    #1611 k1lljoy_89, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
    Edit: Well fug me.. Wrong damn game.

Disregard if you read that.

I will say though, that your observations are weaker then the games said breaks.

So I'll ask again.. Ever driven a car before?

12. Solidfart

Sep 28, 2012
    Plus one to you my good man. That is the truth about real racing 2. Performance cars are made for aggressive driving and cornering but like you said, in RR2, it feels like the cars are on ice and the break pedal is useless unless you start breaking like half-a-mile away. And yes NfS MW definitely have a more realistic feel to how the cars drive on the road.

13. Scary Guns

Mar 1, 2012
    So you will ask again? Did you find out what it feels like to drive a car?

14. SatriaNeoCPS

SatriaNeoCPS Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Im 25. And driving everyday day since im 20.
    Real racing 2 is just like driving car on the ice.
    Yup thats right.

15. SatriaNeoCPS

Oct 31, 2012
    Lol.at certain times i feel tired of driving my cars.
    Want more cars in my garage.at least 3 cars. So i can swap more often.

16. Scary Guns

Mar 1, 2012
    But I am looking forward to real racing 3. The graphics in this game was superb. And just for the rear view and side view mirrors I must get real racing 3 since I'm a nasty driver ;)

17. SatriaNeoCPS

Oct 31, 2012
    Same here im a nasty driver in real life not only in video game nah i got a few speed trap ticket LOL.

18. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    If you find you are having to brake early, one option is to turn up the brake assist. I agree with your point but found the brake assist helps you keep from cornering too fast. That said, RR2 won't play like an arcade racer - best to learn where the tight turns are and slow down fur those more aggressively.

19. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Have you ever driven a god-damned race car? (and all others here too who say RR2 has weak physics).

RR2 is the real deal. If you drive cars like the Mp4-12C at such speeds, you got to slow down a lot and take corners. This is not Formula One for golds sake! Go watch things like the FIA GT WC...you'll know what I speak about.

Having said that, RR2 has a steep difficulty curve. It punishes the slightest of your mistakes. But thats only because it has perfect physics.

20. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Never meant to say this was a good simulation, I just meant its not as bad as you say.

I also still had the argument that I took 10 minutes to type before, only to realize this wasn't reckless racing 2 -__-

I think it's a damn good game, and a pretty solid simulator for what it is. But no, it's not perfect handling.