Universal Saturday Morning RPG - (by Joystick Labs, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 4, 2012.

1. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Wow thanks mighty rabbit guys, like a ninja from the shadows bam! A new episode! I'll be plying this this afternoon. :D

2. MightyRabbitJosh

MightyRabbitJosh Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Programmer and Designer at Mighty Rabbit Studios
    Holly Springs, NC
    No problem - we wanted the episode to be a surprise for Christmas! I hope you enjoy the episode.

3. MightyRabbitJosh

Nov 16, 2011
    Holly Springs, NC
    For those trying out the Christmas episode - try playing it at 11:00 at night. There's a special fight in the city at that time.

4. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Only at 11?

5. MightyRabbitJosh

Nov 16, 2011
    Holly Springs, NC
    Yep, it doesn't count towards your final episode score so there's no specific need to do it. It's just an Easter egg we included to make an obscure reference to the Star Wars Christmas Special.

6. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Nice ill try and play at 11

7. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    #527 oooooomonkey, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
    Haha still playing the Christmas episode but had to come back to say its great so far. It actually made me lol when I used the decode ring and got adverts along my screen.
    Also the Harry and Marv is cool, (I just watched home alone 1&2 (again) over the weekend)

Edit: just finished the Christmas episode and personally I like the length, also it's a great episode you've totally nailed both the 80/90 references and the festive feel both at the same time. Congrats on another episode well done.

8. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Being that you guys are the only developers to make a reference to A Christmas Story on the entire App Store, you've convinced me to jump on board. And just the thought of a reference to the infamous SW Xmas special, makes me have visions of wookies dancing in my head! Love it.

Seriously, no idea why Daisy hasn't capitalized on the famous RR BB gun by making a shooting gallery app. Just design the Parker's back yard and shoot guys dressed in black. I'd pay $5 for that! But I'm glad to give you guys the sale instead.

Merry Christmas!

9. MightyRabbitJosh

Nov 16, 2011
    Holly Springs, NC
    If Daisy does that, I hope they make the tagline "You'll shoot your iOut."

10. TheTheory

TheTheory Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2009
    hotel
    Central PA
    I dunno if this is a bug or what, but I was having trouble with the Blitzed quest in episode 3. (My apologies if this has been addressed before--I went back a few pages and saw nothing, then was like "to hell with it.")

When I returned to town to defeat those HOOD guys, there were 4 blue arrows. Each one lead to a blue circle, but there was no bad guy to battle. There were no bad guys at all. Just these tantilizing blue circles.

So I thought maybe something didn't load right--decided to trek on toward the school, entered the gym, then exited. Went to the nearest blue circle and, behold! a HOOD bad guy.

Battled. Won. Trekked to the next blue circle and... nothing. Just a tantalizing circle.

Went back to gym. Came back out. Found nearest HOOD baddie. Battled. Won.

Ended up having to go back to the gym to load the remaining bad guys before each of my battles.

When I'd finally defeated them all, nothing. No notice that I'd finished the quest. So thought maybe going back to the gym would jostle the system into finally recognizing my awesome victories. But, nothing.

In the process of my confusing investigation I crossed over one of the places I battled a HOOD guy. At that point it put up a notice saying "1/4". Ah--apparently was only recording my victory on a repeat visit to the battle sites. So I went around each and the game finally acknowledged my success and I was able to move on.

So as far as bugs go, it was manageable (since my general inclinations and fumbling seemed to work). Seems like something unintentional and probably buggy, however.

(I'm on the newest iPod Touch running iOS 6.0)

11. Thrak

Thrak Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
  12. MightyRabbitJosh

Nov 16, 2011
    Holly Springs, NC
    Thanks Thrak! We're really excited about it. If anyone is going to be there we're hoping to have something cool as a giveaway.

On another note, for those waiting for an update to resolve some of the issues we introduced with the Episode 4 update - I'll be starting work on that on Monday to hopefully roll it out within the next few weeks. After that I'll be focusing on a PC and Android port for release in March or April. Then it's on to Episode 5 - which will be around the length and scope of Episode 4.

13. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Any news on the next episode?

14. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Hopefully we'll hear more from the developer(s), they have been on the forum this month. ...But for the record none of the progress suggested, quote below, in January has come to pass. Saturday Morning RPG has not been updated since December 2012 (not "within the next few weeks"). There is no SMRPG on Google Play or Steam yet either. Unfortunately I'm considering the game and it's developers inactive but would love to see otherwise. It's a shame so many of these "episodic" games promise continued content but struggle to deliver.

15. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    ^^ I'm pretty sure there not inactive, the last I heard they were focusing the efforts into getting it as an ouya launch game.
    I was just wondering if there was any progress.

16. MightyRabbitJosh

Nov 16, 2011
    Holly Springs, NC
    We're currently wrapping up development on Breach & Clear right now. It's just me and two interns working on Saturday Morning RPG - the PC, Mac, and Linux versions will actually be launching in the next two weeks! After that we're finishing up the Android version.

We have been working on Episode 5 as well. There's a lot of cool stuff coming - we've already fully implemented 7 new objects (and they are awesome)! In addition the entire design document is ready to do - so my intern is starting work on implementing new enemies. It should be a smooth process to get Episode 5 rolling after we finish the Android version.

We've also started planning Episode 6 (as of now, the final episode) - it will definitely be worth waiting for (don't want to spoil anything yet!).

There's also two other big announcements for Saturday Morning RPG on the horizon!

17. MightyRabbitJosh

Nov 16, 2011
    Holly Springs, NC
    Also, here's a cool screenshot of one of the new attacks in Episode 5:

[​IMG]

18. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Arm blaster! Looks awesome.

19. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Nice thanks for e update. Can't wait for breach and clear too.

20. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Observations: Nope, that is the new Mac Pro in Blue Custom