Apps for musicians

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by NotYou, Nov 2, 2008.

1. fumbles

fumbles Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2012
    There's also a Midi Studio Pro now which I assume has all the IAP content unlocked.

2. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    I am not sure if the PRO version contains all in app purchases. I think it may only contain the ability to create custom layouts. But I don't know for sure.

I like the new look, but I am a bit bummed tha new app scaled back the pad grid. It used to have a 6x4 grid of trigger pads, and now only has 4x4. I hadn't used the app much but oddly used it on Sunday specifically creating six, four note glockenspiel patterns. Glad I updated the app AFTER I used it or I wouldn't have been able to play what I had planned for Sunday morning.

3. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    #1063 chris1a, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
    Anyone tried the new Wavemapper synth by Wolfgang Palm yet? Thinking about getting it, but I never really got along with Wavegenerator and all the wavetable hoopla. This does takes a different approach and adds new synthesis techniques as I've understood it. And makes certain elements a bit more approachable, unless you start digging too deep I guess. Don't wanna trow another 20 bucks down the drain, and that other wave-whatever it was called synth by the Nlog creator isn't far of now so...

Also looking at plugs in Auria, anyone tried FabFilters limiter and compressor? Both would be about 70 bucks, but do they add any more/different flavor then PSPs strips and plugs? Also looking at FabFilters Timeless2 and Volcano2 so another 40 bucks. But they can't sync to Auria yet so I'm kinda clueless as to how they work with all the modulation etc.

4. chris1a

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Bought WaveMapper, couldn't help myself. Sounds great. And is fun to use, unlike the WG synth. Oh and I can make my own presets, unlike the WG which just made me go :confused: :( :confused: :( :confused: :mad: :mad: :mad: . So definitely happier with this purchase.

5. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    Ohhhhh it's iPad only :(

6. chris1a

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden

I know! And It's so much fun and sounds awesome. You're missing out dude. :p

7. EfratBarTal

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    i sure am.

PM to if you are interested in donating an iPad to a starving artist. :D

8. EfratBarTal

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    rejoice, BM2 has been updated!

it got on the bus (though i can't use it on my current device) :)

9. chris1a

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Can't get it to work on my iPhone. It always gets kicked out of Audiobus. Sure I've missed some background audio setting or something somewhere tho.

10. chris1a

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    BM2 background setting was off obviously. The one in the iOS settings app. :rolleyes:

11. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Nice!

Though I hate updating BM2 as then I have to go back and delete all the samples and put my own back on again... :(

12. EfratBarTal

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    yeah i know what you mean :)

BM2 is just very big. I mean it's cool to have sound sets and software instruments (pianos and synths) of >15MB each but they all just consume too much space.

13. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    #1073 djflippy, Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
    Traktor DJ by Native Instruments

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

[app]Traktor DJ[/app]

14. mako_

mako_ Member

Feb 26, 2013
    I use Animoog (bought it on sale) as my main synth, but most of all I like the idea of using i-devices as touch controllers for my Ableton Live laptop - TouchOSC helps much here!

15. theDaveB

theDaveB Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Self Employed
    Cheshire, UK
    Not looked through all the pages in this thread but just wondering are there any apps for learning to play the piano ?

I do see lots of piano apps but could do with one that actually teaches you and one where you connect up a keyboard (like the one Apple does) would be even better.

I have not actually bought the piano/keyboard yet as didn't want to buy a incompatible one.

Dave

16. fumbles

fumbles Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2012
    App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

I've been having a lot of fun playing about with this one.

17. chris1a

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    FYI, importing your own samples is coming according to Novation.

Personally I just downloaded it to rip out the samples via iFunbox. :D

18. EfratBarTal

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    another Beatmaker 2 update

► Audio recordings are compensated with audio and MIDI latency
    ► The audio latency setting is back (256 to 1024 frames)
    ► Audio recordings are now saved in a "Recordings" directory
    ► Audio recordings are now named after their bus/Audiobus app name
    ► Updated Audiobus SDK to 1.0.1

✓ Fix behavior of background mode when Audiobus is connected
    ✓ Fix a bug that would occur when recording while a sample was being edited
    ✓ Fix a bug that would occur when duplicating an audio track while sequencer was playing​

19. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Not sure if people have seen this or not, but spotted it while looking at Audiobus apps on AppShopper, and it's a fun little app:

20. chris1a

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    #1080 chris1a, Mar 24, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
    Looks fun, thanks for the heads up.

Have anyone tried Arpeggionome Pro? Any impressions would be cool, thinking of getting before the sale ends tonight.

Edit: Nm, bought it. Wicked arpeggiator. :)