Free app discovery site for fellow devs

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by pocketeers, Jul 16, 2014.

1. pocketeers

pocketeers Well-Known Member

May 11, 2011
    #1 pocketeers, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
    Hi Everyone,

http://www.freegamesbandit.com

I've put together a new app discovery service that can help to get your free apps and games discovered by users. The app discovery process is presented to the user as an interactive web app that shows 16 random apps to the user each time they play.

I plan on adding sections for paid apps in the near future so please only add free apps for the moment. Adding an app is as simple as adding the Android App ID or the iOS app number. I also plan on adding different ways for the user to interact with your apps to make it more interesting and fun for them.

Anyway, its completely free and always will be and a little extra coverage we can all do with I reckon.

A little shot of the site is shown below:
    [​IMG]

If you want to read al little ore about my inspiration behind the service then you can read my blog at http://www.drmop.com/index.php/2014/07/16/free-games-bandit-free-amazing-new-app-discovery-service-for-users-and-developers/

Happy hunting

Mat

2. Alda Games

Alda Games Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Hi Mat,

actually, I have added two of our games, but honestly, the page does not really work good on iPad Mini ("Again" button does not work in Safari) but well, what is worse, I have added our two published game into the list and after tapping on them I reach the AppStore with totally different app.

Would you mind to explain that?

3. pocketeers

May 11, 2011
    Could you post the links to the apps? I will take a look. I'm also experiencing issues with the again button, a recent change for desktop may have broken it, I will get that fixed.

4. Alda Games

Feb 11, 2014
    Brno, Czech Republic
  5. pocketeers

May 11, 2011
    Just checked the links and the take me to correct destinations. I checked on desktop using Chrome. I will take a look on iOS device later

6. Alda Games

Feb 11, 2014
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Yeah, you are right, Firefox on my desktop works properly as well.

7. pocketeers

May 11, 2011
    I took a look on iPhone last night and there are issues with the again button. I've checked the links that are being generated for app and they do appear to be opening the correct apps. I will keep testing however, see if I can find anything

8. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I've just tried from my mini and it took me to the correct titles.

9. pocketeers

May 11, 2011
    I've made a few changes and I've hopefully fixed the again button for good. Tested on desktop, iOS and Android devices. I've also modified how apps are opened up on iOS and Android, they should now be opened directly by the AppStore / Google Play

10. Alda Games

Feb 11, 2014
    Brno, Czech Republic
    I have just tried it in Safari on my iPad Mini and it worked okey. Thanks for support, man :)

11. BitStern

BitStern Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2014
    Nice! Adding and openings works just fine!