Hyper Breaker Turbo (From the creators of Push Panic!)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by VTX, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

#1 VTX, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
    [​IMG]

Are you ready for a new game by the creators of Push Panic? Hyper Breaker Turbo is coming your way!

The Netherlands -- February 16, 2013 – Barry Kostjens & Ricardo de Zoete (RZDESIGN) just announced their second game coming to iOS. It is called Hyper Breaker Turbo, a new breaker game on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch but that’s putting aside the boundaries normal breaker games have.

Hyper Breaker Turbo is not just some ordinary breaker game based on a well known classic from the old days, but it’s actually a completely new action puzzle game like you’ve never seen before. Imagine a breaker game with actual multiple screen level design, ‘free’ paddle control which gives very precise control over the ball, realistic physics and more!

Besides the classic theme that’s filled with 25 action & arcade packed puzzle levels you also get another 25 levels with a special neon world theme and 25 levels with a scribbly doodle theme! That’s 75 levels in total! Try to get the best score globally and also join the world in getting some global achievements, since Hyper Breaker Turbo also has a Worldwide Blocks Breaked counter that will live update with every block that gets broken globally!

Expect this amazing new action packed puzzle iOS game arriving on your iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad around Q1 2013!

Quotes
    Barry: ”After the release of Push Panic (http://www.pushpanic.com) I wanted to work on a new game. Some time passed searching for and thinking about a game concept. I always loved block breaker games, but most games where a bit ‘slow’ paced. I wanted something fresh with more action and more control over the paddle. After a lot of experimentation we settled with what we now call ‘Hyper Breaker Turbo’. It has been in development for over two years now. This is a part-time project and me and my wife got a beautiful daughter called ‘Joy Lois’, which is the best thing ever happened to me in my life. Many weeks I only got one or two hours to work on this project, but we’re now finally heading to a beta phase slowly :) My daughter loves watching me playing the game.”

Ricardo: ”Hyper Breaker Turbo is my second game with Barry Kostjens. Our first project, Push Panic! was also my first game ever and I’ve made this one with Barry as well. It was a great collaboration project and the game did surprisingly well! So we’ve awanted to another game together and you can see the experience we developed while creating Push Panic! in Hyper Breaker Turbo! It’s even more polished, looks better, plays even better and it’s a completely new take on the classic breaker games. You’re gonna love it! Even I do, and I normally don’t even like breaker games!”

Features
    ● A breaker game you’ve never seen before!
    ● Three completely different themes, with 25 levels each, that’s 75 levels in total! And more themes will arrive in the near future!
    ● Easy, intuitive gameplay which contains physics and very precise controls.
    ● Full iPhone 5, iPad Retina support!
    ● Running on 60 FPS. Smooth gameplay on every device you own!
    ● Stunning, colorful graphics. Expect completely different look ‘n feel in all three themes.
    ● Packed with leaderboard rankings, achievements & global achievements.
    ● Join the world in getting those rare achievements which can only be attained in breaking all blocks in each level.
    ● Music and SFX composed bij Martijn Vaassen. Has an ‘oldskool’ feeling to it which brings back those retro feelings you had while playing old breaker games.

About us
    Barry Kostjens is an iOS application and game developer from the Netherlands. Working on several business projects for small and big companies. Game development happens in the evening and weekend hours. Hyper Breaker Turbo is my third game, after iGangster (2009) and Push Panic (2010).

Ricardo de Zoete is an artist who has started his career as a illustrator, creating different mascots for small Dutch companies. He’s graduated as an Animation & Games designer. During his study he working as an intern at a award winning game studio in the Netherlands. He was also working as a Visual Designer at his freelance company called RZDESIGN. After all that, he decided to fully submerge into creating games himself.

His first game was Push Panic! which was a collaboration with Barry Kostjens, released on iOS and has been downloaded over 2 million copies since then. He’s also currently working on An Alien with a Magnet. Besides all that he also works part-time at a large design agency in the Netherlands as a visual designer.

Expected Release Date
    2013 Q1/Q2

Hyper Breaker Turbo on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/HyperBreakerTurbo

Twitter
    Barry Kostjens - @bkostjens – http://twitter.com/bkostjens
    Ricardo de Zoete - @RicardoDeZoete – http://twitter.com/ricardodezoete

RZDesign
    http://www.rzdesign.nl

Official Launch Trailer

2. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    So glad to see this in the Upcoming iPhone/iPod section as I'm really anticipating on this game. Keeping an ever watchful eye for its release.

3. rzdesign

rzdesign Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Illustrator & (Game) Designer
    The Netherlands
    Thanks for the reply. Me and Barry worked hard on this next game after we finished Push Panic!. We are really looking forward in hearing your thoughts on it when we release this jewel... Fun fact is that I never loved Breaker/Breakout games and I loved creating and playing this game.

With the art style I've decided to keep it really retro but on the other hand also really modern and colorful. Stay tuned for more updates!

4. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

Since there will be a beta before the launch, would you like to participate?

5. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Just heard about this looks really cool. Need a good brickbreaker

6. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I enjoyed Push Panic, and looking forward to this one! If your game supports iPod Touch 4G and you use testflight, I'd be glad to participate.

Oh, and congrats for the baby girl! :)

7. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

iPod 4G should be fine and the beta is via testflight indeed.

I'll make sure you get included in the beta :)

8. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Can I join the beta

9. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

We'll open a seperate topic for the beta test, a week before it starts. You can signup in there once the topic is live :)

Thanks.

10. kzwen

kzwen Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Awesome! Push Panic is one of my most played games and is still on my device after all this time. Can't wait to see what this new game will bring to the table :)

11. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

Great to hear that you still enjoy Push Panic :)

12. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I'm sure one of your testers will tell you, but the main menu appears to say "Bricks Breaked" when it should be "Bricks Broken" :)

iPad retina makes this game an insta-buy for me, but I have a question: Do we have to play through all three themes or can we choose our favourite and play all levels with that one? I really like the "default" and neon themes but I'm getting bored of doodle games on iOS.

13. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

Thanks for pointing that out :) Ricardo and me are both from the Netherlands, so english isn't our native language, but I guess you've already noticed that :)

About the themes: You start out with only Classic unlocked. When playing levels you can earn up to four stars per level, depending on the % of blocks that you broke (hehehe) in that level. Both doodle and neon need an x amount of these stars to unlock.

You can also instant unlock the themes via in app purchases, but this really is just an option for the impatient or people who would like to support us :)

The doodle theme is a very very nice theme to play though, it's not only visual different but it also has other block elements making it a total different experience from classic and neon.

14. rzdesign

rzdesign Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Illustrator & (Game) Designer
    The Netherlands
    #14 rzdesign, Apr 17, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
    So, we have been very busy with the last tweaks, bug fixes and our beta. Beta is closed now and Barry is still sorting out some issues with the game that have to be solved before we can 'release'. Won't be too long anymore tho! Stay tuned for more information!

Also, expect new gameplay trailer(s) soon! :)

15. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

16. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Well tomorrow we have a new King in the Netherlands, and its not me. But the game looks great, looking forward to playing it. Hope that we have besides the King a great new game from the Netherlands. Man I love this country, Ha Ha.

17. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

And we have a release date: May 23!

18. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Well count me in, hope it is as good as it looks. Good luck with the game.

19. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

Thanks! Hope you'll like it :)

20. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Although busy I'm still checking into this game and glad to hear you've got a release date, about a week to go now actually. Good to know its coming with retina and for the iPad.
    The video shows some nice game play as well.