Ben Affleck Petition

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Gov, Aug 26, 2013.

1. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    This.

These people take this WAY too seriously. Come on, give the guy a chance, geez.

I read that there's people who have actually sent death threats to Ben Affleck regarding this? Absolutely ridiculous.

2. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Seriously, who'd pass up a role like batman?
    Hes probaldly very happy and excited for this role, I mean, He gets to be Batman, a true batman who works with supes.

3. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    It got so absurd that some of those engaged in the worst overreactions put up a petition on the official White House petition page asking the president to intervene and help reverse the casting
    (the petition has since been removed, presumably based on a careful government investigation determining it was crazy).

~ Forbes

4. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Priorities of a zero world populace, who needs a planet or people when you have Superheroes and the Internet?

5. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    I'm sure if Superman really did land on Earth he would take a few flights around and see what's going on, jump online, see what's trending and head straight back to Krypton.

6. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    C'mon, man, this is more stupid than the other stupid thing! :eek:

7. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Keaton ended up being a good Batman and I don't think anyone liked that idea either. There was also Ledger as noted. I think comic book fans just like to get in an uproar about everything.

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Making him the first official gay Batman.

I agree with the last sentence, but I don't really give a crap about comic books... or this movie, if I'm honest, but Ben Affleck is a talentless moron who cheapens each and every project he's involved in.