Testers for ICE FLAP PENGUIN needed - Get 2 FREE games and a name credit on the game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Jorge., Feb 26, 2014.

1. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    #1 Jorge., Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    The testing period has ended - Version 1.6 WITH POWER-UPS and COSTUMES is now available! Download it for FREE for iOS: http://www.pers.com/a/pr/pookie_tushka_ifp_app.html for Android: http://www.pers.com/a/pr/pookie_tushka_ifp_android.html

The 2nd Ice Flap Penguin TOURNAMENT has begun!: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=268499

Hi all,

We are looking for Beta Testers for 2 games that we are working on: Ice Flap Penguin (ready to test now) and Ice Mash Candy (will be ready to test in april).

Ice Flap Penguin is our take on the popular "Flappy Bird" but with additional challenges and power-ups.

Version 1.0 of Ice Flap Penguin is already available on iTunes for FREE at: http://www.pers.com/a/pr/pookie_tushka_ifp_app.html but this version doesn't have power-ups or other improvements. We need your feedback on the power-ups and other features in version 1.3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

- Testers will receive an US Itunes Store Gift Certificate for 2 games of your choosing (up to $2.99 each), or a Paypal transaction for that amount.

- Testers that provide helpful feedback will have their names added to the credit screen on an update of Ice Flap Penguin and Ice Mash Candy.

Please keep in mind that spaces are limited and subject to approval. Only ONE device per tester.

We would like to get general feedback on the game and reporting of any bugs that you may encounter. We would also appreciate if you can spread the word about the game.

* After approval of the new version of Ice Flap Penguin by Apple we'll start a contest (open to iOS, Android, Kindle, Nook users) with great prices for the players with the highest scores *

Requirements for iOS:
    iPad, iPhone 4 and up, iPod Touch 4G and up. iOS 5 and up.
    If you are interested in beta testing for iOS, please register via TestFlight at this address: http://tflig.ht/1ckoeY4

Android:
    Nook, Kindle Fire, or Android 2.2+ with ARMv7 processor.
    If you are interested in beta testing for Android, please send me an email at [email protected]

Feel free to email me at [email protected] with any questions and comments.

Thank you for your time,

Jorge

[​IMG]

2. crimsondivine

crimsondivine Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2013
    I would love to test out the flappy bird clone for you :)

Email: [email protected] but that isn't my iTunes email.

I can test on an iphone 5S and an Ipad 2 both with the latest version of ios 7

3. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    Thank you, CrimsonDivine!

Either one is fine. Decide which device you use the most and then go to this address from that device: http://tflig.ht/OODise and register it.

I should be sending a build over the weekend.

Thanks again! :)

Jorge

4. Wing Optimus

Wing Optimus Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Hi Jorge, I've already signed up previously for Ice Math Ninja :)

I've been playing Ice Flap Penguin that's out now (77 is my record so far) and it's pretty enjoyable. I'll be glad to help out on version 1.2

5. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    #5 noah0706, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
    This is a great game! My record is 85 right now lol

6. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    #6 dreadnok, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
    Count me in ipad2 iphone5 ipad air all ready to help I'm up to 28 so far Optimus you are awesome

7. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    #7 iANiMeX, Feb 27, 2014
    I've signed-up. :)

8. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    I would like to beta test!

But i'm gonna give my email thru PM.

9. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    Hey Wing Optimus! So you are the one with 77! :)

Thank for joining, noah0706, dreadnok, iANiMeX, vii-Lucky!

Don't forget, anyone who wants to join, please go to from your device http://tflig.ht/1ckoeY4

I will have a new build in 2 days or so, PowerUps will be coming in 5 days or so.

Jorge

10. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    First of all thank to the dev for letting me beta test this game. My impression might not be good tho as I am not a flappy game fan at all. I had flappy bird on my device, but after one run only, I understood that it was not for me, so when I tried this game, also it was cute, well I couldn't play enough to write a proper review. There are too many flappy games and I really think you should bring something new into the genre to make a bigger impact, it reminds me how many endless runner we were getting 5 or 6 months ago, now its all about flappy bird, flappy diver, flappy steak, flappy fried chicken or what so ever, so you should really try to make this game slightly different so that you could get more people. The penguin is a cute idea, make it swims between iceberg or the titanic with Romeo and Juliette ;)

11. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    #11 Jorge., Feb 27, 2014
    Hi djstout!

Thank you for your honest feedback.

I am actually a bit "ashamed" to be creating a Flappy Bird clone, but I am doing it to try something new and see if I can use this to promote my characters and my upcoming (more original) games. I am also using it to test a new ad network (Admob).

I DO want to make it different than Flappy Bird, hence the idea of power ups and other goodies that will be coming in the next update. I just had to send something quickly to Apple to see if the game and name would even be approved.

But trust me, I hate copying, and I will make this game as different as I can :)

"Ice Toss Frenzy" is the game I am building towards, and all the games in between (The Pookie and Tushka storybook, Ice Math Ninja, Ice Flap Penguin, Ice Mash Candy) are my "learning path" towards my "big" game.

Jorge

12. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Well there is absolutely nothing wrong about copying a genre and I am sure you'll do great if you try to make it a bit different from other flappy games. Recently some dev made "tiny goalie", the idea is very similar to the flappy genre, but they made is unique and that is why now the game became so popular. I am sure that you will find good ideas to make it unique. Penguins are super cute, adding power ups (by eating fish as an example) could make it better, or maybe just like the tiny wings game, by changing the levels colours (background, obstacles and maybe the penguin) when you get farther. Or maybe by making a really good soundtrack for the game (the reason why I played tiny wings for so long was also due to the soundtrack). To make a simple game isn't that difficult, but to make it special is something else, try to make the game colourful (well not too much either). Having two game modes could also help a lot (endless for scores and story mode).

13. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Hi. It's me!
    Just count me in for all your future games. Don't even ask. Just send! :)

As a developer you are very creative. It's nice to see how you keep improving.

Take care.

14. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    Hi Lavender :) I'll make sure to send you all the builds ;)

djstout: I do have a lot of ideas to make it different ... it's just that programming it takes time. But I already have some cool ideas ... we'll see how they come out ;)

15. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    I will test the game again after your next update

16. crimsondivine

crimsondivine Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2013
    I'm on the Pers team but I have no available apps on my Ipad 2 to install?

17. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    Hi Crimson,

I sent a new build earlier today and you were added to the list.
    (only apps that have been setup for your device can be seen in Testflight).

FYI, the build I sent today only has minor fixes, no power-ups yet.

If you still have problems, let me know!

Jorge

18. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    I guess everyone is making Flappy Bird clones, because even my clon has clones!!! ;)

They came out about a week after mine in Google Play:

[​IMG]

(mine is better ;) )

19. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    Haha totally.

20. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    Hi All,

Just to give a quick update:
    I have the coding for the 5 Powerups "basically" done, but I still need to do the animations/effects/etc.

I am hoping to have a new build to test by saturday.

Thanks,
    Jorge