PINCH - A Puzzle Game by Coatsink Software

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Wroth, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wroth

Wroth Member

May 3, 2009
    Designer/Programmer
    Guisborough
    #1 Wroth, Apr 15, 2010
    Last edited: May 13, 2010
    Front Page

Greetings you fine, gorgeous folks. It's about time I made a thread for our upcoming game for the iPhone & iPod touch.

It's called PINCH.

That's:
    [​IMG]

That word sounds familiar doesn't it? It should. You've been using it to zoom in & out on Safari and Google Maps, you've been using it to remove zits from digital faces, to rotate stuff, move stuff and resize stuff, and you lucky iPad owners are using it to peek through your photo albums.

Well now you'll be PINCHing a lot, and I'll tell you why.

As I was telling Blake and Eli earlier, PINCH is, in my humble and unbiased opinion, the most INNOVATIVE, the most UNIQUE, and, dare I say it, the most FUN puzzle game EVER!
    Players must guide little colored balls, called Norbs, through mazes; overcoming obstacles by PINCHing them apart to separate them into smaller Norbs, and PINCHing them together to merge them into larger Norbs. Not only that, but PINCHing Norbs of different colors will make new colors! It all sounds very exciting, doesn't it!

The music, I must say, is fantastic. Created by the AWARD WINNING Vincent Webb (MaccyV). And the sound effects, oh the sound effects! What can I say? You have to hear them to believe them. Tapio Liukkonen of Kaamossound is a true artist.

Ok enough chat. It's time for some media!

SCREENSHOTS:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENT VIDEO!

If you're still reading, then I must be doing something right, excellent! Would I be pushing my luck if I asked you to become a fan of PINCH on facebook? Go on!

Anyway, the game has been approved by Apple, and will be released on Friday May 14th for the initial price of, you guessed it, $0.99.

For more info, check out Coatsink.com and follow us on twitter @Coatsink.

One final thing: I'd like to thank and recommend the Institute of Digital Innovation's Digital City Fellowship Scheme without which, we'd barely have got off the ground.

tl:dr: Look out for and buy PINCH on Friday.

2. Aussie2

Aussie2 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Looks fun, will it be out in the uk?

3. Wroth

Wroth Member

May 3, 2009
    Designer/Programmer
    Guisborough
    I don't see why not. We are a british developer after all.

4. Aussie2

Aussie2 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Oh, would make sense to release in UK

5. Wroth

Wroth Member

May 3, 2009
    Designer/Programmer
    Guisborough
    We've got a new trailer, demonstrating the size-based puzzles in the game.

More trailers coming soon.

6. Wroth

Wroth Member

May 3, 2009
    Designer/Programmer
    Guisborough
    PINCH has been delayed. Apple have only just begun to review it today, so the release date has been put back until May.

fortunately, we've had time to polish the game a fair bit and add an extra 8 levels!

A more specific release date coming soon.

7. Wroth

Wroth Member

May 3, 2009
    Designer/Programmer
    Guisborough
    #7 Wroth, May 12, 2010
    Last edited: May 12, 2010
    Pinch has been approved! It will be on sale by Friday 14th of May!

I've updated the first post with the latest videos for the game.

Also, we have a spare promocode. Next person to reply gets it.

8. Wroth

Wroth Member

May 3, 2009
    Designer/Programmer
    Guisborough
    Thanks, hadn't noticed the front page post yet. Added it to the Original Post.

9. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Makes me wish I didn't suck at puzzle games.

10. Wroth

Wroth Member

May 3, 2009
    Designer/Programmer
    Guisborough
    Oh, don't be put off, Sammy. The game eases you in with a gentle, soothing tutorial before putting you onto some relaxingly easy levels.

At that point the game has already made itself worth the price of admission (in my humble, personal, completely unbiased opinion). But if you begin to have trouble, don't fret. We have a sexy help page on our website to guide you through the challenges you'll face in the rest of the game. Before you know it, you'll be gliding through the game like a hot knife through butter.