What's so great about Aralon?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by SON, Dec 14, 2010.

1. SON

SON Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    NY
    What's so great about Aralon? Ravensword wasn't anything special, Aralon looks alot like Ravensword. I'd like to be hyped about Aralon but I'd like to know why. How can Aralon be more fun than games like Infinity Blade or Eternal Legacy?

2. alchemistrpm

alchemistrpm Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Lol you're fishing for some action aren't ya. While I don't quite get the fervent fansanity over the game here in the TA forums, basically it's a modern, fully featured western-style 3D RPG on the iPhone. There aren't too many of those. Plus, Crescent Moon has a good track record. Yea, Ravensword wasn't great but it was a big deal at the time. Then came Rimelands. Now, Aralon is rightfully expected to be fairly epic.

3. SON

SON Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    NY
    Thanks for the quick response. I'm planning to copp, I just rather be more psyched than I am at the moment. Ravensword was neat but really, well not polished I guess is a good way to describe it. I hope Aralon lives up to the hype.

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    If you were around at the time Ravensword came out, you would know that it was something BIG and GREAT in every manner in that time frame. Quite some time later, Crescent Moon released Rimelands, which I find to be one of the most innovative and fun RPGs available on the appstore. Since many, many months ago, CM teamed up with the original creators of Aralon and have completely transformed it into something beautiful and amazing. Look around in the appstore and find me 5 3D RPGs that are half-playable. This project has seen so much work and effort and care that I believe it will be my favorite game of all time on the iOS even with my 500+ paid apps. I spend over $60 monthly purchasing games for just the iOS, and I can definitely say I don't think I could find a better way of spending the asking price for this game. This is the going to be the defining RPG of the iOS.

5. zman2100

zman2100 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Investment Consultant
    Jacksonville, FL
    The hype is deserved for the reasons backtothis mentioned but I certainly think it's a little early for people to be calling this the best iOS game ever when 99% of the people making those claims haven't played it yet (there are a few beta testers on the forum). Definitely is an instabuy for me but I'm certainly scratching my head with the large number of people screaming from the mountaintops that this is the best game ever.

6. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Haha I hope this does not include me! If you read my post, more than half is not even about the game. The other half comments on my hopes for the game.

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Rather than asking people to sell you on the hype, why don't you convince yourself that Aralon will be "just like Ravensword." Then pick it up on the 16th anyway. And be surprised.

8. SON

SON Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    NY
    Square, why don't you just gift me the app and save us both the trouble?

9. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    All I'm saying is that it's better to pick up a game with low expectations and be blown away by it, rather than building up anticipation to ridiculous levels and end up disappointed.

10. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    I have played it, and it IS the best iOS game.

@squarezero: Meh, hype is good I think.

11. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    so is it still the best ios game if someone doesnt like rpgs? ... always such silly posts..

no game fits every taste.. some like jrpgs some like more western style rpgs.. some like very deep rpgs like early baldursgate ones.. other think mass effect 2 is rather a shooter than a rpg... some like fantasy, some sci-fi, some stuff like fallout etc..

so why should aralon be the best ios game? .. its an easy answere.. it may be for you.. thats fine.. but don't generalize.

12. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I thought it was pretty clear he was just posting his opinion, no?

13. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World
    With all my earlier criticism about this game, I´d rather see Aralon hyped than any of this casual game s***.

Anyway the latest gaming videos came a long way. I don´t know if this will be the best ever but it will be decent at least. :cool:

14. Zeratulz

Zeratulz Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Obvious troll is..................obvious? :p

15. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    He'll have to get in line.

16. 99c_gamer

99c_gamer Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    I was wondering the same thing. It does look like a huge game some people like that.

17. Vinvy

Vinvy Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    To people beta testing this game. If this game was being compared(ignore graphics/art, just content, scope, polish, gameplay, setting etc) to morrowind, fable, neverwinter nights, or zelda twilight princess, how would it fare?

I am scared it will end up feeling too derivative of similar, but obviously bigger games on console/PC, so if anyone could tell me it truly stands out and shines on it's own I would be happy. I dont really want to play a lite feeling game with no real personality or ideas of it's own(think gameloft). Rimelands for me was a big surprise because it actually stood out from the pack, so I am not totally writing this game off. Most people though keep hyping it as "morrowind on the iPhone, but smaller and less .... And not as...."

18. Noman

Noman Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    3 reasons:

1. It's one of the most ambitious titles to ever hit the appstore. Far bigger than even ravensword was. An open-world rpg this big has not been attempted on ios yet and that leads to a huge amount of anticipation.

2. General impressions of the game and comments from beta testers have been extremely positive. From the ten minute gameplay video I can tell you this game looks like fun.

3. The way the developers have interacted with the community and built anticipation. The upcoming thread is the biggest upcoming game thread ever and that is the main reason (I think) behind the hype.

19. Krehol Games

Krehol Games Well-Known Member

enough

Ok before anyone starts to compare IOS games to console games lets end that thought here and now. No the game will not be a PS3 or Xbox360 quality game. Iam sure the game will be solid and well worth the price.

20. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    I'm one of the beta testers. I've never played morrowind, but I did recently get Fable 2 for xbox 360 and must say that this in my opinion was probably 10x more fun, it is the first fully fledged 3d rpg on the iphone, I don't think I can praise it enough. But you guys will just have to wait till the 16th and decide how good it is then :)