Universal Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode II - (by SEGA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 16, 2012.

1. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Hm, true, I also have the first episode on my iPod and it works quite well.
    I'll still probably be holding off on this though, for now; not enough credit in my account ATM, and hopefully this will be on FMA soon.

2. panama chief

panama chief Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    one day we will have this. I pray it's soon cause my 64gbs were gone day one. Been doing the "app shuffle" since.

3. osorio

osorio Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    WOOOAAA this game plays really well and looks amazing just like the screenshots ..on my iPhone 4!!! i'm impressed ,great work SEGA ,the support for older devices is awesomee, and the game music is incredible

4. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    Think I will double dip on this game, 360 and iOS.

One thing the 360 version has is the ability to sync with your windows phone 7 to share save data with that version, but I don't think it's even out on win mob 7 yet.

5. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    You got THAT right! I've been bitchin' about that for awhile! With all the big games coming out, you need more space to keep them. Eventually, I'm gonna have room for like only 30 apps and I have the ipod touch 64GB device! Apple needs to listen and more people need to tell them this is what they want! Since the first iphones, there hasn't been any devices with more than the 64GB! That's ridiculous these days! I love getting more quality, but also want to keep a good library of games without always having to brainstorm which 20 apps to dump so I can get 1 new one! I'll gladly pay for that! Gotta get to work and do that now for this one again...... :(

6. regkilla

regkilla Well-Known Member

wat the h*ll, I installed Sonic 4 episode 1 and it caused my AppStore icon to turn all white. How I fix this? I already rebooted my iPhone 4 but same problem exists. AppStore works but all white icon!

7. regkilla

nevermind I fixed the problem. does Episode 2 have retina graphics unlike the 1st?

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yep, it does.

9. BeefJerky

BeefJerky Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Haven't got this yet but I'm curious to know how it knows you've got the first for that Metal Sonic part? Is it just a login Apple ID thing where it registers the purchase or some code feature that has to work between apps?

10. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    I got the same feelings like some of you. Havent even finished part one and sonic cd. Not enough memory for this huge download and still disappointed of the jerkyness from the part 1 HD Version.
    Sonic get´s a bit boring after all this time.
    Hey Sega, we want games like Daytona USA and Scud Race!

11. regkilla

Episode 2 is smooth but it gets difficult when I go to the underwater part on level 1.

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Just have Sonic 4 Ep. I running in the multitask bar and "Lock-in" the game in Ep. II. The game detects it and voila. Sort of feels like starting up "Sonic 3 and Knuckles" for the first time back in the day. Pretty nifty, and as far as I can tell, this is the first app to do this.

13. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    So can you go super sonic in this?

14. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I'm in the same exact boat as you there. But still tempted considering the retina/incredible graphics.

15. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

Can you access it with a second generation ipod touch?

16. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    If I'm correct 2nd gens can't use multitasking (though i think there's a way via jailbreak), so...

17. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    But it should still be running in the background.

18. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    yeah you can

19. theAir

theAir Active Member

Oct 23, 2008
    One thing that I noticed that was interesting is that the bosses in the iOS version take less hits than its console counterparts. It makes the game a lot easier, and a lot less tedious. This is especially noticeable in the Oil Desert and Sky Fortress bosses.

Another thing that I realized is that Episode Metal is Retina Display optimized, and it looks fantastic. I'd really love to see Sega update Episode I to include this.

20. Jboucher777

Jboucher777 Member

Apr 23, 2011
    Shift leader at starbucks
    Orange, CA
    Hey all! I feel really stupid but how do you beat the first boss in this game?