Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Aiera Kyoto

Aiera Kyoto Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    #7661 Aiera Kyoto, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
    Congrats on your second Gift dragon, Glory! We finally don't need to worry about that little bugger anymore!

@GP: Thank you! Also got a second Garnet after my first one hatched shortly after! o.o

@Dean: Congrats on your Emerald egg! That lucky hair troll came in handy at the right time!

Now back to the Platinum again; anybody want to exchange my Garnet luck for Platinum's?

2. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #7662 Foxtail2010, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
    Do you have a Gold or Silver? Breed your Platinum with one of those. Odds are higher. Or at least so I've read on Sandbox, I'm putting it off till after I get a Garnet egg.

@GP -You still don't have LY??!! Waaah - I cry for you. No fair! I'm a little behind on the thread reading - when does Limited Explosion expire?

3. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia

It may be true but I had only failures when trying to breed gold/platinum & silver/platinum. I had more luck using original combo.

4. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    oooo bummer. I was afraid someone might say that. - Hate to put out false info- Well I still need a 2nd Silver so will go for it later. Silver/Platinum

5. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Aww, thanks Foxy, think I will cry for me soon too :(
    Still have both caves working around the clock trying to get the sucker, think limiteds expire on the 9th, so guess today(here in Oz) or tomorrow will be it!

Haven't even attempted Platinum or Garnet yet, not really looking forward to Platinum after this LY fiasco, but hey, ‘maybe' I will get a lucky break? ;)

@dean, can you send me that pink troll please??? :D
    Well done on getting your Emerald, awesome :)

6. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Wish I could, maybe if you check out my GC picture right before you breed it will help :rolleyes: I also think that the limiteds will leave on the 9th (or early on the 10th). Sending you good luck vibes and pink thoughts for LY.

7. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Does anyone know if the limited extravaganza is going to end soon? I appreciate the event but it make Garnet just that much more of a pain.

8. TexasTed

TexasTed Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Hopefully soon, but stay long enough for GP to get her LY and anyone else that is trying for one they missed last year. Good luck!!! Apocalypse dragon's last day was supposed to be the 9th, but with the others sticking around longer there has been no mention when the last day would be.

The in-laws just left to go home from their holiday travels, great to have them around but seems like the happiest two days are when they arrive and when they leave.

DarthB, the dragons sticking around too long and in-laws visits reminds me of the story when the Sun and Moon dragons aligned together just so, they had too much of a good time. The Eclipse dragon arrived a short while after and reappeared 9 months later. You know that story don't you....? I forget how the conversation went :)

9. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    I just got my leap year!

O.M.G. In what may be the last final hrs or day, I just struck GOLD!:D
    I used 12 gems to confirm and I'm ever so relieved to finally say I have a Gold egg now sitting in my nursery.

Thank you to my dear DV friends on here who kept encouraging me and sending good luck wishes even when you also no doubt wanted the limiteds to be over....you know who you are, thank you for thinking of me xx

I really hope that everyone now has their limited dragons, guessing I was the last (seems to be my DV modus-operandi) :rolleyes:

Now I can focus on Garnet, I don't even care right now if I get a S/Eclipse ;)

10. TexasTed

TexasTed Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Awesome!!!

Big Congrats, so happy you got one after trying for so long!!

11. N3sty5

N3sty5 Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    No garnet after dozens of tries...even got two solar eclipse fails back to back...

12. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Ugh, that's the way luck goes in this game sometimes. I've had to solar eclipse fails as well, but two garnets so I can't complain. Still need a third one though then can get back to trying to get a lot of second dragons I still need.

13. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    I'm contemplating leveling all my non-Epic dragons to 15. Not sure if it's an endeavor worth undertaking or not. I'm currently sitting on $1.8 billion coin.

14. ~ebbnflow~

~ebbnflow~ Active Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Jtfields, if it's to gold all your statues, of course it is (already did mine). It's a big part of the game. Now I'm trying to crown one of my dragons (Forge) just to see how long it takes to accomplish (3/4 complete). Over 1,600,000 (treats) x 4 to crown one! :eek:

And speaking of unlimiteds, am I glad I did that first. Got my missing Sakura, Love, Paper dragons and display eggs. Going for the gemstone dragons is giving me a lot of long-wait fails. But I'll take it since I am just starting to get display eggs of the rare dragons.

15. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks Ted! ;)
    Guess what else????
    Just got my first Garnet cooking with one combo pair after only my second try!!! WHOO HOO, it's been an awesome breeding day for lil' ol' me :)
    Now one more for egg display then I can start to work on Platinums x2

Do you have your Garnet yet or Platinum Ted? I'm too lazy to surf previous posts to check :rolleyes:

16. jtfields

Sep 29, 2010
    It would gold my remaining silver shrines. I only need two Lightning and five or six Plant to finish the shrines so I'm definitely doing that first. I thought about crowning a dragon instead. I calculated how many coins it would take to buy enough food once and I believe it was a little less than one billion so I should have enough.

Why Forge? The earning rate?

17. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Finally, finally, finally....
    I got a Garnet cooking on my island instead of solar eclipse :D:D:D

Still got seven days left to try for a display egg...but I'm happy to at least have the dragon :p

18. Lel0501

Lel0501 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Woohoo garnet number 2

:D:D really happy got my 2 garnets relatively quickly. Now might have time to go for a few gemstone eggs before they disappear. Still trying hard for equinox egg but only getting solstice so far. Onwards onwards. Sending good luck vibes to everyone still trying ;)

19. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    A belated CONGRATS on the Leap Year. Glad you got it and can now relax.
    Garnet seems to be eluding me right now but still have plenty of time. Must have used all my luck on Emerald :rolleyes:

20. jtfields

Sep 29, 2010
    Just got Garnet #2 cooking in the EBC. I'm officially out of stuff to breed for. I haven't bred just for money since before the Treasure dragons were released. I only keep breeding pairs of mostly just limiteds. I guess I could begin a quest of having a second of every dragon in the Hibernation Cave. Seems like a pain and unnecessary though.

Probably will just breed for cash. I can't remember what I bred when I was just breeding to sell. Copper or Rust comes to mind. Gotta check the value versus breeding time again.