Universal Legends of Yore (by Coke and Code)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by starjimstar, May 3, 2011.

1. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    I'm starting to get into roguelikes and just got this game.

I noticed that the developer mentioned above an imminent update in March of this year but according to the iTunes description, the most recent update was in Dec. of 01.

Anyone know anything about this? Thanks in advance for any info.

2. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    It didnt get the update. I would guess apple rejected and the dev couldn't see a way to get it through. I have the Android version as well, and it's a later version (1050 while iOS is 1026). I believe the ability to use mods was added, so maybe Apple didn't like that. I don't really know though, but it's definitely an earlier version than the one that's been on the Android market for months.

3. e_sweezy

e_sweezy Member

Mar 2, 2011
    The update was sent back by apple for some reason. He did say on twitter that he will update the iOS version so that it's complete like the pc version is. Hopefully soon, but no time frame was given.

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I noticed both versions of Legend of Yore are pulled from App Store (who knows how long ago?); I am curious about the deletion because this was one of the best roguelikes on iOS. Hopefully we will see it show back up at some point.

5. Seil

Seil Growtopia Seed Master

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    This question was answered on Twitter yesterday. Kev says he took it down because of incompatibility with iOS 6 and that he'll put it back up when he fixes it.

Source here.

6. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    i tried installing it yesterday and saw that it is no longer available. thanks for linking in the reason why. hopes it will be back soon.

7. Underwater

Underwater Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Atlantis
    The developer, Kevin Glass, had problems with updating this game on iOS. He said on Twitter that he found a possible solution on that problem. The update is now in review. He hasn't updated this game for a long time because of this problem, so a lot of content is missing, so this might be a BIG update. I really really really hope the update gets approved!

8. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    +1 to that, This is a great game and I have been dearly missing it. I hope the update gets approved and quickly.

9. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Looks like it's back in the appstore.

10. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Thank goodness, I love this game. I noticed in game it says v1044, I thought this was v1050. I also noticed in game that a few lines of pixels running vertically aren't displaying properly.

Attached Files:

11. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    this looks interesting but the lite version is kinda of a mess the buttons dont react well if i go in the options the back button doesnt work if the full version like that?

As well why do i need to create a account to play?

12. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    #172 Ravenblack, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
    Gave this a go on the ipod touch 5. It does say it's version 1044 in the game. Something is wrong with it still. The buttons on the start screen are rather unresponsive. When finally a game starts, it's again unresponsive and the back button doesn't seem to work in menus.) Looks like the correct version was not uploaded to the store. *sigh*

13. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #173 undeadcow, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
    Updating now... modding support is potentially great news.

Edit: Also experiencing what Ravenblack reports; hopefully it gets fixed soon.

14. Linx550

Linx550 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    By modding support,What do you mean?

15. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Editing Legends of Yore to create new graphics, weapons, etc. It's not yet clear how much iOS LoY will allow mods or if there will be a system for sharing them. Maybe it's just wishful thinking.

Here's a link to the Coke and Code (LoY developer) modding forum: http://www.legendsofyore.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=14&sid=04bec669bf1129f88ead9e2286cd3760

Here's a clip of a LoY Blood Sword/Armor mod:

16. Linx550

Linx550 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    #176 Linx550, Mar 21, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
    Thanks. It seems as if there's no way to mod yet. I know the Android version has had modding for a long time now.

Edit: Seems like I'm not buying this anytime soon,There's some major control bugs on iPhone.

17. Baron Cappuccino

Baron Cappuccino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 1, 2011
    Member-Owner Steampunk Cafe, LLC
    Plainfield, CT
    The App Store says version 1050, whilst the title screen says 1044. I suspect that's the problem. I got excited seeing loy active again, but like everyone else, I can't log in. I can't really get any buttons to work.

18. Underwater

Underwater Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Atlantis
    #178 Underwater, Mar 21, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
    YEAH! The update is so much better than all games that came out yesterday. There are a few bugs, but the dev is already working at fixing them. I'm so glad it's back in the app store, can't wait to play it again.

Edit: Too bad there are bugs, but the dev already send a update to Apple, so I hope I can play this soon.

19. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    was glad to see loy return and, deleted instantly. due to the aforementioned bugs. But will reinstall as soon as the critical bugs are fixed.

20. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    The update released today seems to fix previously reported bugs; at least on my 5G!