Universal Trainyard (by Matt Rix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Prab, Jun 9, 2010.

1. pitty.platsch

pitty.platsch New Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Try the "warp mode" by double-tapping the "status: good" button when your solution is running...

2. Wild_Rapids

Wild_Rapids New Member

Oct 30, 2011
    I love that we can make our own puzzles! :) But we need a dislike button, some puzzles uploaded are terrible. Or the option to take our puzzles down, which I'm not sure is possible, but just a thought. I'd like to be able to edit others puzzles, just download and edit instead of making a replicate puzzle. Also, I'd love to be able to choose the musical notes each color plays ;) Overall, I love the game, can't wait for more levels, and more tools for puzzles. Thanks for all the work you've done for it!
    And to finish the post, look up my puzzles and play them! My names Wild_Rapids :) I'd suggest (Wr)Changing Colors, (Wr) Rainbow Cut, and Doubled Yellow. Sorry I couldn't resist advertising that haha.

3. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I haven't even completed the demo yet, got stuck for some time in Nova Scotia.

4. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    Keep going. It's a hugely satisfying game. For me, the best puzzler on App store.

5. ElectricGrandpa

ElectricGrandpa Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Developer
    Brampton, Ontario
    Interesting thoughts!

You can download and clone someone else's puzzle, and make changes to it, so I'm not sure if that solves your problem or not. You definitely won't be able to download someone's puzzle and edit the original, because that would cause all kinds of crazy issues.

And yeah, I agree that some uploaded puzzles are terrible. I'm wondering if maybe there should be a way to dislike puzzles as well, although that'd probably make things too complicated.

6. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    is this game still alive? :eek:

7. OneMinuteGames

OneMinuteGames Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    Heh, you think that Matt ( ElectronicGrandpa ) took his millions from Trainyard and gone ? ;)

BTW: I think this is about time to finally get a full version of your game Matt ;) Incredible design and work!

8. Wild_Rapids

Wild_Rapids New Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Ok, yeah I didn't think about that, I don't know how I missed it haha, but thanks!
    And if there is simple way to dislike puzzles, I'd like to see that added.

9. ElectricGrandpa

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Developer
    Brampton, Ontario
    Yesss!

I'm working on a new game now though.

10. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    awesome!
    got a teaser? blurry screen? quarter-year notion of when it will release?

11. TrainyardFan

TrainyardFan New Member

Nov 19, 2011
    I'm having the same exact issue and that link did not work for me. Help!

12. smallflightlessbird

smallflightlessbird New Member

Apr 24, 2011
  13. raven13g

raven13g New Member

Mar 8, 2012
    It would be great if you can give us your Id from Trainyard ( The number that follows "Anon" ) so we can find your puzzles in there... unless you know an easier way...

Thanks

14. raven13g

raven13g New Member

Mar 8, 2012
    It would be great if you can give us your Id from Trainyard ( The number that follows "Anon" ) so we can find your puzzles in there... unless you know an easier way...

Thanks

15. TheSpeakeasy

TheSpeakeasy New Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Clean State

Hey Matt,
    The link you provided to clean the state of the OS to fix a game crash is no longer working. The address bar just shows the address www.trainyard.ca/fail and takes you to the Trainyard homepage. Is this a website issue?
    I can't open my game and want to play!
    Thanks.

16. ElectricGrandpa

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Developer
    Brampton, Ontario
    Yeah the site is currently totally broken right now, I'm in the process of trying to get it fixed.

In the meantime, this cleanState link should work: http://matt-rix.com/cleanState.html

17. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Is there any way to transfer progress from the lite version to the paid one?

18. ElectricGrandpa

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Developer
    Brampton, Ontario
    They actually have completely different puzzles from each other, so there really isn't a way to transfer the progress over. If you've finished most/all of the express puzzles, you'll be able to breeze through the first few sets of puzzles in the full game really really quickly.

19. Shi Tsu

Shi Tsu New Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Why is Focus Pocus worth 25 stars

It's soooooo easy. It's one of the easiest bonus puzzles by far I don't understand why it's in the last world AND worth 25 stars.

20. Ancible

Ancible New Member

Nov 24, 2012
    Game Center Sync across devices?

I play Trainyard on both my iPhone and iPad. Both are logged into Game Center. But progress and achievements do not sync between the devices.

Is this a bug? Or something wrong with my setup? Or are they not meant to sync? :confused: