Adding "Profiles" to your games would be nice...

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by BrettArchibald, Apr 28, 2009.

1. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    I know we've had a few threads in here where people have suggested to developers what they consider to be important requirements in a game — such as the ability to play your own music, to hold the device in either landscape format, etc.

But I just wanted to chip in with one of my own highly-desired requests — and to put it in a thread of its own (rather than buried in a list) — and that is for games to have "User Profiles", so that two (or more) different people can play the same game on the same device, but still keep their scores, records, and progress separate.

Erm... The main reason for this is because my wife keeps on beating my high scores on all my games!!! :mad: :eek: :(

2. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    We have this included in Gomi for anyone wondering :) 3 seperate files, and the local high scores reflect all 3 files, so you can compete locally with family and friends without having your personal scores erased.

3. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    Oh yes, and to add... If adding Profiles to your particular game turns out to be impractical for any reasons, then a distant second-choice would be to at least retain the top 3 or 5 or 10 scores under just one profile, but importantly, to allow us to input our name alongside that highest score, so that we can see who's name is above (or below) whose... :)

4. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Textropolis (will) and SkyBurger do :D.

5. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    Yeah, I've always wished for the same thing. Particularly for games that keep track of stats and such. I hate when my little brother brings mine down :)

6. InsertWittyName

InsertWittyName Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2008
    We have unlimited profiles in Bugz - it's a great feature that reviewers often comment on.