Topple 2 Preview

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by coconutbowling, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    #1 coconutbowling, Mar 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2009
    Sorry I'm on my iPotch. Check twitter, there are screenshots of the new game. Included will be versus mode, wifi, new game modes such as balancer, and other things. Islands like Dizzy Bee are also included I think. Check it out.

2. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    This is great! I liked the first game, but it was lacking in content. Hopefully this will fill that void.

3. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    LOL I love that last screenshot :D Looking forward to the game. I wish they'd implement a co-op mode, but considering the size of the screen :p

4. wmcwmc

wmcwmc Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Sumwhere
    Anyone know how much $ it'll be?:confused:

5. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    ng:moco is on a roll! They are constantly pumping out innovative, fun, and well priced games. It seems like there are tons of levels in this new version of Topple. I can't wait to see what else they have coming down the pipeline.

6. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    i bought topple 1 at its original price when it came out..i seriously hope it will get updated..or those who spent money on it.....please tell me topple 1 is getting updated...

7. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    #9 Big Albie, Mar 10, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
    Chances are T1 will not get updated much. T2 will be the moneymaker for them so little chance T1 will get anymore significant developer love.

8. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    love it!

i dont care if this is a paid sequel now.

9. stargazer513

Dec 19, 2008
    i just read on their tweeter

@requieminadream no price announcement on Topple 2 other than it will be a paid app - there's also a Topple 1 update in the works though

10. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    I've already deleted Topple 1... at first I was thinking about redownloading it, but I think I'll wait until this one.

11. stargazer513

Dec 19, 2008
    sighh the only time i bought an app tat went free...tat was really not predicted of ngmoco..

12. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    not sure i'm interested in topple 2. the first one was good but this looks very similar (or i just hoped to see something more different).

13. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    For those that paid for it (I did too): It was only $.99, if you didn't enjoy it then don't buy the sequel. I really liked the game, and completed it all the way through. I still think it was a great value.

Really? Because Halo 2 and 3 would have done much worse if they weren't based on the same story and gameplay as the original. It is a sequel, why would it be much different except as a continuation?

14. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    haha, I didn't mean it as a rant or to be negative.

But when we post about a new game we are supposed to post a least a link to the game on itunes, preferably with screenshots.

You didn't even put a link to ngmoco.com or twitter.com/ngmoco. It's not THAT hard to type them. So someone reading it that isn't as informed as you are would be totally left in the dark.

If we don't want new members to the forum posting things like this then us senior members shouldn't get leeway for it either. I think it's only fair

15. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    yes, i understand.
    for me topple one was good, but not enough to make me buy (this kind of looking) sequel. i just thought it will be more different.

16. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Ditto on that...looks too similar to me. Now if they have arms and legs and start walking around the screen...

17. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Well, it looks like this one has a lot more depth and content than the original. I'll probably get it.

18. Vikram

Vikram Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Ngmoco has released Topple 2 Screens!

What do you think?