Need for Speed Undercover may not even come to the App Store

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sainter, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    **This is just speculation**

I have heard that Need for Speed Undercover was set for release on the App Store all the way back in September 2009.

Now I just recently read that Need for Speed Shift for the PS3, Xbox360 etc. will also be released mid-September.

Now has the game been delayed because to make the game be 100% and so that instead of releasing last years title mid-year in 2009 they will just call it NFS: Shift to fit with the new game?

This is an idea that I asked Craig (The EAmobile rep) about and he said he had no idea

What do you think?

2. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    We haven't even had september 2009 yet :confused::p

3. Sainter

Dec 8, 2008
    LOL sorry I worded that wrong. I meant to say it was pushed back to September 2009

4. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I really couldn't care less. It comes out when it frickin' comes out, which is when it will come ... out? ... that's such bad phrasing...

5. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Gosh, Craig doesn't know anything. I can't believe he doesn't even know his own game that him and his own team are developing. That's probably the dumbest answer I've ever heard. These guys have already made me mad by setting their release dates like 50 times and now they don't even know. Dumb, dumb, and dumb.

6. Sainter

Dec 8, 2008
    They never set dates like the day the console games came out, it was made up by everyone else

I'll see if I can find where I saw the September 2009 release date

7. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I heard this on Neogaf, and it's probably true. EA missed the timeframe for Undercover, so maybe they decided to just make it Shift and be done with it.

That means Real Racing will be ruling for months till then. Hopefully EA will take the opportunity to watch the game and add polish.