Starfront question: last mission consortium compaign

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by seantyas, Feb 26, 2011.

1. seantyas

seantyas Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    hello everyone

First off im loving starfront but really do want to play through the campaigns. But I am stumped.

I think it's the last level of the Consortium Campaign where I am supposed to eliminate the rogue army , and not have my base or the ally warden base be destroyed. I am given a TON of materials to start with, but I'm trying different approaches and it seems they always seem to be at my bass hammering down death so quick.

Other missions were disproportionately easy, so I am wondering am I trying to do the wrong thing by hitting the plant & energy w workers then building up an airfleet ?

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Ok, hmm, I'd suggest saving the game at intervals first of all. If you think you got a good start going in the first 5-10 minutes, then save it.

Yes, the enemy does in fact mass like crazy. He has a crapload of good units. His first move will be to attack your ally. Your ally is pretty darn dumb and will die to the first attack unless you help him. This is where the strikers come in. Rally them to your ally's base early on and keep making them. Remember to start off the level by getting a very good economic base (filling each mine with 7 and 2 power plants with 3). Also, don't be afraid to make multiple buildings of one kind. Make 5 infantry buildings to start things off, and like I said, rally them all to your ally. Don't forget to upgrade units!

Afterwards, I'd start off by attacking the two camps the enemy has at the two top corners of the map. This should be pretty easy since there's really no defense there. Only send half your army just in case.

You asked for an army ratio. I'd say start off by making strikers until they fill up your pop completely (40 pop cap when upgraded). After they've protected your opponent and possibly killed the enemy's two camps, send them into the middle area to kill as much as they can, but they will surely die in seconds. Your next move should be to mass a crapload of anti-ground units. Avoid aircraft since the enemy has a large amount of anti-air fighters. I'd say go for the harrower tanks from the factory. Mix in a lancer or two to detect the enemy. Oh, when you get the time, grab another mine and energy source. Upgrade these units to full and send them to die again in the middle of the map. Make sure you're taking down lots of units with you though. When you attack the enemy's central base, always come from the left side, and MAKE SURE YOU DON'T KILL ANY OF HIS WORKERS THAT ARE NEXT TO THE HQ. He never stops producing these and soon, they clog up his population max.

Oh, don't forget to mix in the mega unit after a while. Research the nuke ability, and aim that in the middle of the enemy's mass army of ground troops. Ok after you've spammed the enemy with harrowers (you better have 5 factories by now) start mixing in strikers again. Rally everything to the HQ and make a mad dash to destroy it while ignoring everything around you. Nuke the HQ with your harrower tank if you have your energy at max. It should come down within seconds.

Always make sure you're at pop cap. Always make sure you're attacking. Save often. Watch your ally, he attacks when you do. Take advantage of that. Remember the enemy is also limited to 40 pop; don't touch his miners. Good luck.

---
    Check out the other two SF threads while you're at it :]. I copied and pasted this from my previous post in the main SF thread. Cheers.

3. seantyas

seantyas Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    dude that is an in DEPTH answer.! thanks for that! will get crackin on it.

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Haha, there's a reason I'm at the top of the leaderboards xD. Anyways, I hope this worker out for you!

5. hemantbhele

hemantbhele Member

Dec 17, 2010
    backtothis,

thanks for your in-depth reply. Finally managed to save the ally however have used up a lot of personnel and running out of the 2 power plants next to my base. I have checked the map and it seems there are only mine sources but i dont see any plants sources. Can you please advise if there are more plant fields. thanks

6. charlesbc

charlesbc New Member

Apr 4, 2011
    Starfront mission 8 is a really frustrating mission. I posted this solution on another forum, but I'll post it here as well. It's the simplest and fastest tactic I could find, you'll be able to beat it under 10 minutes and get an achievement for it as well. Heck, you only have to destroy their HQ to win the mission.

Try this:
    - maximize your resources. Put 3 drudges in your tokamak and 7 in the plant
    - next, build a research lab and three airbases
    - research "built to last" and "red sky" at the airbase
    - next, build as many rippers as possible
    - still not enough, get the three harrowers and three hailstorms from near your base and send them off to the middle base to. Have them destroyed to free population, replace them with rippers.
    - now you have lots of rippers. Fly them halfway north-west of the map. Then fly them directly to the center of the map. Let them move without attacking (do this in the settings menu, otherwise the tactic will fail!) and put them right above the enemy hq. Some enemy aircraft will block the rippers, but keep on tapping quickly on the hq to bypass all units anyway. Once above the hq, let the rippers all drop their red bombs like mad. The hq gets destroyed and you win within the 10 minutes to get the achievement.

I guess this tactics makes use of a "bypass aircraft units" bug, so use this tactic quickly before they fix it in an update :D

7. Psiufoxx

Psiufoxx Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    sustainability consulting
    paris (yeah, the one in france)
    Thank you. THANK YOU. This worked like magic, and it was such sweet retribution to wipe the floor with the rogue faction who killed me 10+ times.

Excellent tactic. Loved every second of it.