Universal Partia (by Imago)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Just got it, I love it. I remember playing fire emblem radiant dawn on the wii with Ike and sothe ^^

2. ImagoGames

ImagoGames New Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Thanks for Playing!

Hey everybody! This is Brett from Imago Games checking in to say thanks for checking out Partia, and also that we're working on compiling everybody's feedback to improve Partia: TBL as we speak.

I thought I'd take this time to ask a question that may shift the direction of a patch we're working on.

It's no secret that Partia was developed with 8-16 bit sensibilities in mind, and this is also reflected in the menu system and interface. While some people prefer this "classic" control scheme, we've realized in the past week that such a system may be best left to games with a directional pad and buttons (ie how the game displays in portrait mode!)

We are searching for a way to improve the game flow and experience with touch screens in mind. We want you, the players, to have a say in just what this means, and so here are the ideas we've had so far for your perusal/feedback:

1. Tapping a unit a second time will immediately display where the unit may move as if you touched the "move" button. The menu would also still appear, minus "move."
    2. While in this "move" screen, tapping an enemy will display its vital stats (ie hp, level, class, name).
    3. Terrain info will also still be displayed for any selected tile when in "move" mode (it currently is visible at all other times).
    4. A "Cancel" button will be added to the screen (lower corner, possibly) that would always allow you to undo your last move, much like the "b" button in portrait mode.
    5. Unit level displayed along with other information on map screen (ie currently name, hp, terrain - no level.)

Please keep in mind that, despite the future tense, none of these features are currently in development. We're trying to gauge interest before we make any big changes/additions. If you have any other feedback not listed here, we'd be glad to hear it! You can either let us know in this forum or, if you want to track our progress, go to here to post on our Facebook page. Thanks again, guys, and hope those of you who have picked it up are enjoying Partia!

3. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Glad to see developer participation! Those ideas for improving Partia would help improve the game. I wasn't aware terrain have an effect, which is anither good detail. Another suggestion would be to allow for armor comparison at the blacksmith shop with your current equiptment. Someone else suggesting adding an in-game reference manual. I'm not sure how much I would use a cancel button.

4. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I re-recommend that second to last statement of yours, especially considering you weren't aware of terrain effect. When I play a strategy game or SRPG, I want to know ALL the rules, ALL modifiers, etc. Were the manuals for Hearts Of Iron 2, Falcon 3.0, or Steel Panthers: World At War easy reading? No. Some took days to digest and rivaled Tolstoy in size. Nonetheless, I come from a time in gaming when manuals were not only expected, they were often spiral bound and encased in faux leather. A website with detailed instructions is the LEAST one could ask for in a turn-based strategy game. The CPU is all seeing and can mathematically figure out in a nanosecond the optimal moves; instructions give us meat-made organisms a fighting chance!

5. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

And handy copy protection ;)
    "What is the 5th word in the 3rd paragraph on the 17th page?"

6. picohero

picohero Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2012
    I really like this game and I'm glad to see developer participation as well. I was wondering if anyone knows how to open chests? I was standing on one and couldn't find the way to open it. I believe a game manual would be super helpful.

7. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Have you tried using a key when standing over the chest?

8. picohero

Jul 16, 2012
    #29 picohero, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
    I have not. I used a key in stage one to unlock one of the doors. Maybe you need 2 keys. If so I'll try it out. Thanks :)
    This is definitely a game that TA needs to review

9. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Well, with no Baldur's Gate this week to steal me away, I bought this (and Wrestling Revolution Pro to hold me while I await 11pm)! So far it is pretty good! Will post more impressions later but I just wanted to chime in to follow up on my previous comment!

10. Tone1978

Tone1978 Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Love this game! So happy to see how many other turn based fans there is out there!
    Tony

11. picohero

Jul 16, 2012
    I found something I'd wish would be imputted into the game. I want there to be someway to heal your units outside of battle. It seriously depresses that there isn't. For instance if you went to the inn you could pay 100crowns to heal your party. But hey, this is just me.

12. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Actually I agree! But the devs seem more than willing to listen to input and suggestions so who is to say it can't be imposed with an update later on?

13. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    My opinion differs. I like that weapons have a limited number of uses until ineffective and can only be replinished in town. That adds to the resource management component and forces you to think ahead investing in multiple weapons or potions to keep your units stocked on the battlefield. Rebooting your team at each base stop might be easier but could blunt some of the planning and balance that is a strength for Partia.

14. picohero

Jul 16, 2012
    I personally love the weapon durability idea! I think its adds an extra flare of strategy. My problem is you can't heal even with potions at the base.

15. NlTEMUR

NlTEMUR Member

Jun 28, 2012
    I can't believe someone made this game! I am very greatful!! I actually really love the style of all of the menus and boxes that come up it feels like it Snes games. 5 star game for me as Fire emblem is my favorite game.

There is only a few things i wish for but even then im happy as is.

I kno this is asking alot but battle animations like fire emblem. Even if they are so basic. And if tha was in the game also a way to turn it off. Mainly for the awesome chance you get critical hit animations.

Also when your dudes die, if they had final words after killed. It would make it feel more sad and pinishing for having lost a character while makkng them feel like they had a personality. Even just a sentance or 2 to make You never want to lose anyone.

Like i said im playing this as is regardless. Awesome game.

16. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I was really surprised to see Touch Arcade review Partia on the front page (because they rarely review RPGs), 3 stars isn't bad and they say great things about the gameplay. Here's to this one getting more well deserved attention.

17. Solrek

Solrek New Member

May 12, 2012
    I love SRPGs and will probably be picking this one up after a few updates. I have it on my watch list.

18. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Same here. Added it to my watchlist today.

19. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Thanks to the developers for the promising new update!