Spam

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Mene, Jun 20, 2014.

1. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    If you guys understand that we have to close and delete every reported thread as if it was its own thread you could see that reporting the thread or spammers multiple times is just more work for us all. Add to that the spam police do not have access to these reported threads the moderators have to close the threads that they take care of as well.

As Eli said, you really don't need to go on a reporting spree! We see each and every report and who has reported it, so to make more work for us is silly!

2. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2013
    #22 HansKaosu, Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
    How about actually ip blocking.

3. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Actually what's most helpful for us is reporting spam in existing threads. If there's a string of spammers creating new threads then reporting a couple is enough. Having more eyes for the in-thread posts is incredibly helpful.

4. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    my aunt made enough money with just her laptop to buy her an almost new full sized working replica of the Millennium Falcon. in less than a month. check out this site.

i see those crap posts on almost every story that you guys have on the front page for the last month. so funny that somebody would be stupid enough to believe it.

5. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

If people would only flag them instead of write witty responses to them the spam filtering would do the rest. *sigh*

6. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Where would you guys be without me?