Gameloft Clones: A Good Thing.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by funkynubman, Feb 3, 2010.

1. funkynubman

funkynubman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    Well, I've posted a couple Gameloft clone threads, and have come to a "Big Idea" question: Are Gameloft clones a good thing? I say yes. If it wasn't for Gameloft, the Iphone gaming scheme might still be a small, independent workshop thing. If it wasn't for clones, we might not have these games we've come to know and love on the Iphone. Liked Modern warfare? Get it on the Iphone. Liked HALO? Get it on the iphone. Really, people think that they are just cloning big-name games for the profit, but seriously, I think it's great to have these console-like games on the iPod. What do you think?

2. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Why do you make so many threads..

3. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    why does this site have an obsession with posting the same or extremely similar threads, especially one right after the other. but i dont mind them. i like nova

4. Athlos

Athlos Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Ohio
    I think you are absolutely right, besides I don't really think N.O.V.A. could even compare to a clone the only thing it has in common is aliens and armor. It was only hyped as a Halo clone, but it's still a great game.

5. starmonkey101

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    ya. he has made eight threads between yesterday and today. maybe he should cool it down a bit.

6. funkynubman

funkynubman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    ...What? I do?

%$#@, someone's been hacking again...

7. Bdragonst

Bdragonst Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Student
    Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
    well... Gameloft have reputation of cloning because they dont have any games that are... ORIGINAL... most of their games are port from other brand or games that got ideas from major/big games..

8. starmonkey101

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    thats nothing to really be distressed about though. i dont mind them...:rolleyes:

9. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Is being a queer and asking incessant, meaningless questions a good thing?

10. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Wow...Excessive.
    I find it hard to believe that someone is 'hacking' your account to make threads.

11. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Gameloft Clones= Someone has to do it. They will continue to be made as long as people keep buying them.

12. MWHApps

MWHApps Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    OH yeah! I don't plan on stopping! As long as they appeal to me even if it is the biggest clone of the best game ever, but happens to be a good game... IM GOING TO GET IT!!

13. iamBone

iamBone Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    I don't mind them that much because it's good to have something similar to a 'console experience' type game on the iDevice, but on the other hand they never really capture the feeling that made those games so good.

For example Gangstar was just lifeless to me.

14. frendil

frendil Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    New Zealand!!
    as long as the games they produce are still top quality games then i don't care how much of a rip off they are, if they begin to use their name to sell second rate games then i have a problem with gameloft, but i dont see that happening so yea gameloft are awesome.