Moog Filtatron (effects processor) 7.99-> FrFrFreee!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Greyskull, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

No joke.

I don't know if this is one day, one hour, whatever. It takes a bit of the sting out of thinking of the amount of money I spent on music apps this weekend though.

2. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Worth my time/storage space?
    How many mb is it?

3. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    1)yes...it's Moog!
    2)under 50 megs installed.

4. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    What's a Moog?

5. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    The term "moog" usually refers to a Moog synthesizer. Moog, the company, sells a variety of music products now, but they are and will always be famous for their synths and Theremins. Look up Bob Moog. He's one of the most important individuals in electronic/electric music and invented some of the earliest, widely used synthesizers.

6. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    I feel an Audiobus update coming. :cool:

7. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    We can only hope.

8. primozz

primozz Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Ohio
    Nice find Greyskull! Thanks for posting!

9. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I will NEVER, EVER use this....

So I'll just grab it anyway because, well, free.

^_^

10. monoclespectacle

monoclespectacle Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Sweeeeeeeeet nectar!

11. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    #11 Greyskull, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
    I bet it went free because I finally bought Animoog. Moog must have known I'm down to about 8 bucks in my account.

BTW, I agree about audiobus. Didn't Animoog receive an update recently which included audiobus? Also (I posted this somewhere else) Nanostudio is being updated to support audiobus.

I mentioned audiobus here the day it was released, and got a lot of comments along the line of "what's the point" and "sounds like a waste". Not only has it become a defacto standard, and made some production chains previously not possible possible, it's also made everything a hell of a lot more intuitive. Just remembering which midi channels to select was a pain in the ass.

Some apps, such as Thumbjam, are also adding JACK support. JACK is less user friendly, but with it to can route not just midi signals but audio itself.But this conversation is probably more suited to iosmusic.org than TA.

12. monoclespectacle

Jan 26, 2013
    To be honest I hadn't heard of it until you posted info on The Bus but as soon as you did I went and researched and was immediately impressed with the concept and execution. Have had some really fun recordings and experimentation with it so far.

Where did you come across the info that NanoStudio is being added? That's going to be an awesome update.

As far as Animoog goes, iPad is supported but the iPhone version is still getting denied.

I get crazy hopeful when I see updates these days.

13. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Hmm, who told me first? Err, a musician or Blip Interactive. I've struck up a regular correspondence with a number of musicians who are far more knowledgable in the fields of ios musicianship/electronica/synths than me. And most of the comanies who produce ios music apps are fairly small (with exceptions, of course...Korg, Moog, Yamaha, etc).

Remember, I'm new to electronic/computer aided music production/creation. I have friends who've been doing it for decades, but I'm a bass guitarist/percussionist without a band...and there is only so much you can do with a bass sans a band ;). I've always been a locally renowned ;) beatboxer and knuckle-rapper as well, but I don't quite have enough vocal instruments to be a one man band in the way, say, Doug E Fresh is :).

14. monoclespectacle

Jan 26, 2013
    #14 monoclespectacle, Apr 17, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
    Yeah I second that. Been drumming for 13 years. Been iphone-ing for 13 months. Freaking noobcake deluxe, I am. But it's just so fun.

I'm more of a Rahzel fan but Doug E is tight too. Pretty awesome hearing some of the complex rhythms pro beatboxers do.

15. .Asa

.Asa Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    $7.99 again ;(