Daytona Rush

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Invictus_Games, Dec 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Invictus_Games

Invictus_Games Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 2, 2012
    Game development
    Hungary
    IMG_3746.jpg

If you like watching Daytona 500 and also like playing endless runners we invite you to have an early look at Daytona Rush via Apple Prerelease program.

Please volunteer only if you are willing and able to tell us your first impressions until 4th of January.

If you are interested please PM us with your apple ID within 24 hours.

Cheers, Ákos @ Invictus Games

2. Invictus_Games

Patreon Indie

Mar 2, 2012
    Game development
    Hungary
    Beta invitations were sent out just now.
    Thanks for helping us with your feedback!

3. Invictus_Games

Patreon Indie

Mar 2, 2012
    Game development
    Hungary
    Daytona Rush

rush.jpg rush2.jpg rush3.jpg rush4.jpg rush5.jpg

Greetings from Invictus!

As Nascar 2015 started getting attention let me introduce our latest app dedicated to the event, Daytona Rush.

Target release date: the 12th.
    However since Apple already approved the initial build, we are able to share a few promo codes really quick.

It's a casual endless lane changer - if you are interested head over to the promo codes section!

Cheers,
    Ákos

4. leocold

leocold Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2013
    3D Graphic Designer
    Vancouver
    I have played this game and it is one of the best racing/autorunner games i have played, good graphic small download size and solid controls :D

5. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Sweet, grabbed FR9X3XJYMLPW thanks. I'll leave some imps later. Cheers

6. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Have to agree, I haven't played much, but I've played enough to know I want to keep playing. So far it's a fun endless racer. Great graphics, easy touch controls.. So far so good!

7. Invictus_Games

Patreon Indie

Mar 2, 2012
    Game development
    Hungary
    #7 Invictus_Games, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  8. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Looks great!
    Pity that all codes are gone for now, would have loved to take it for a test drive.

9. Invictus_Games

Patreon Indie

Mar 2, 2012
    Game development
    Hungary
    Thanks for telling, going to add more codes in another way.

10. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Wow! Now this looks awesome!!

11. Invictus_Games

Patreon Indie

Mar 2, 2012
    Game development
    Hungary
    Excited to see the positive responses but throw us anything not just praise.
    Any thoughts on the touch/swipe selection method?

The gameplay finetuning we spent the past two weeks with adds a lot please stay tuned till it arrives.

12. sleb

sleb Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Ohio
    This looks like a how a runner should play. Can't wait to try this. Glad it's coming out soon.

13. valkuryn

valkuryn New Member

Mar 8, 2013
    I think the best option would be to have both touch and swipe movements in the game, is there a jump, duck type mechanic in the game also? If not then I love the option to tap the left side of the screen 2 times to move over 2 lanes an 2 taps on the right moves you w lanes to the right...ect. Is beta still up I would love to check it out.

14. Invictus_Games

Patreon Indie

Mar 2, 2012
    Game development
    Hungary
    There's both touch and swipe control and double taps (even triple taps) also work.
    What is somewhat new how the game selects between touch and swipe. I wonder if that worked straightforward for everyone or perhaps confused some of you?

15. Invictus_Games

Patreon Indie

Mar 2, 2012
    Game development
    Hungary
    GC bug - please help

Looks like we have the dreaded GC bug.
    That is the game can not receive any input after the GC welcome message got displayed.
    Disabling GC or the internet connection is a workaround for now, however, if you have this bug, please let us know how many GC friends you have?

16. Invictus_Games

Patreon Indie

Mar 2, 2012
    Game development
    Hungary
    #16 Invictus_Games, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
    We've started inviting friends so we have also got accounts with many friends.
    If you got a GC friend request from "Invictus QA 1" or "Invictus Ákos" please accept it. Thanks!

17. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    First impressions....

Was expecting more of an intro at the start, yeah its obvious what you do but just expected some text or something saying about the race etc

The graphics are great, work very well.

I think what you've done is very clever. I personally cant stand runners or 'lane switchers' but it works so well for this game as its NASCAR basically and its oval after oval lap where you are just overtaking (talking about actual NASCAR not the app). So you simulating this in the game works very well and i think for non 'lane runner' fans like myself its enjoyable for everyone.

Like the way you have to go in the pit lane for oil. Is there a way to get some of your damage fixed also ? Eg does an icon appear in a particular lane so your damage goes back up by one ?

But the graphics are great, controls work well.

I would be interested in you doing an actual 'proper' racing game with these graphics. Used to love playing NASCAR back in the 90's on my PC on all the tracks. You should show this to NASCAR themselves and try and get an 'approved' real version with accelerate/steering etc.

But again for someone who previously disliked lane type games like this its excellent.

18. Invictus_Games

Patreon Indie

Mar 2, 2012
    Game development
    Hungary
    It's really inspiring to read this! :)

As for repair yes there is a quick repair pick-up coming on the racing lanes now and then. Hard to get but gives a real push.

19. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    If the repair pick-up is really meant to be hard to get, then it's fine.
    But it is really hard to spot right now in the distance. Once you see it, you still have to get on the right lane, which is not always that easy with all the other cars around.

But yeah, game is awesome!
    And PLEASE keep it like it is now and don't let players pay to continue the race like in a lot of other endless racers. That would kinda make leaderboards meaningless.

20. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    This looks very cool. Are the crashes impressive? Question for anyone who's played it I guess.