Tactical Warrior $2.99 -> $0.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Jamvert, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Jamvert

Jamvert Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Canada
    Tactical Warrior is on sale for $0.99 for July 4th & 5th!

Staunch Defense is also on sale for $0.99.

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #2 undeadcow, Jul 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
    Thanks for the sale! Procrastination pays again; although this is surely worth more than $0.99 so a bittersweet sale from a committed indie developer.

Tactical Warrior

James Pawliuk
    Tactical Warrior is a strategic RPG with fast paced, turn based battles. Battle the men and beasts of the land as you d…
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Tactical Warrior is a strategic RPG with fast paced, turn based battles. Battle the men and beasts of the land as you discover new items and strengthen your team of warriors. Features: - 10 Classes of Warriors - Each with a variety of attacks and passive abilities to choose from. - 60 Items - Find some chain mail and a book of mastery to replace that stale bread your wielding. - 100+ Battles - The single player campaign features well over 100 battles ranging from a one sided battle against a badger to challenging battles against bears, skilled warriors and more. - Hot Seat Multiplayer - Challenge your friends in hot seat multiplayer skirmishes. - 60+ Achievements - Unlock over 60 various achievements on Game Centre and Openfeint ranging from trivial achievements to great challenges. Reviews: "This is a really well designed, challenging, turn-based game featuring relatively small maps with a good variety of missions. The whole game appears well designed and thoughtfully put together." 89.5/100 - ArcadeLife "Give this one a try if you like thinking before you swing your sword." - SlideToPlay
    Information
    Seller:James Pawliuk
    Genre:Role Playing, Strategy
    Release:Apr 25, 2011
    Updated:May 31, 2012
    Version:1.3.3
    Size:21.6 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (23)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

3. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #3 undeadcow, Jul 5, 2011
    ...also picked up Staunch Defense to support developer (and his insanely under-priced games); hope that one is half as awesome as iTunes reviews indicate.

Staunch Defense

James Pawliuk
    Staunch Defense is a tower defense game with plenty of depth and strategy. Featuring 20 different towers, 6 buildings s…
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Staunch Defense is a tower defense game with plenty of depth and strategy. Featuring 20 different towers, 6 buildings such as cottages and walls and a large number of technologies there are many ways you can approach each map. Each of the 24 maps has its own selection from the large variety of different enemies and thus requires its own strategy. Features: - 20 different towers - 6 different buildings - 27 different maps - 60+ technologies - other features such as the Town Hall, Tavern, ect…
    Information
    Seller:James Pawliuk
    Genre:Strategy, Puzzle, Simulation
    Release:Dec 21, 2009
    Updated:Jun 20, 2012
    Version:1.2.2
    Size:8.5 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (11)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

4. phattestfatty

phattestfatty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    this is an excellent game. if you even remotely like strategy games, you need this one. Graphics looks simple, but it really is an awesome game. (talking about tactical warrior).

5. Marcus70

Marcus70 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    #5 Marcus70, Jul 5, 2011
    TW is a terrific SRPG and a wonderful value for under a dollar! Please try the lite version if your still unsure.

6. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    I also picked up Tactical Warrior...waiting for a price drop of this game for a while!
    I already own Staunch Defense...watch out: it's addicting...I had to delete it for two reasons:
    1) as said, it becomes addicting in a short time (hours of gameplay)
    2) it becomes too difficult in a shor time too! :(

7. rekirtS

rekirtS Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2011
    #7 rekirtS, Jul 5, 2011
    Guys seriously make sure not to miss out on Tactical Warrior in the midst of all of the major company sales it honestly is a wonderful game if you're the least bit interested in TBS games. Get it now. This dev is also a straight up guy and is continuing to support the game even if its not super popular.

The screenshots don't do it justice and the visuals look IMO superb.

AT THE VERY LEAST try the lite, because more likely then not you're gonna be hooked :D.

8. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    #8 Gabrien, Jul 5, 2011
    Both this and Staunch Defense are excellent games. The developer appears to have a real understanding of what makes gameplay deep and engrossing. His knack in that department however is equally matched by lack thereof when it comes to graphical prowess. (Although Tactical Warrior is a definite improvement on Staunch Defense.) Absolutely NOT a reason to pass on either of these games, but team up with a talented graphic artist next time and conquer the world. ;)

EDIT: Forgot to ask: any chance of these games going universal? I think strategy games of this type really benefit from having a larger display.

EDIT 2: And please fix the typos. i.e. "Acheivments," "pummle."

9. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Ok, I grabbed tw ... Better be good! :D

10. acrotran

acrotran Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Thanks for the heads-up on Tactical Warrior.

Staunch Defense hasn't been updated since May 01, 2010, so I'll pass on that one, and anyway it's at 1.99.

11. phattestfatty

phattestfatty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    it is

12. Jamvert

Jamvert Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Canada
    #12 Jamvert, Jul 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
    I decided that I am going to keep Tactical Warrior on sale for 2 more days since the sale seems to be working out quite well so far!

13. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    It is so good that even at the normal price is a steal. Very nice gameplay.