Best Baseball Game

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by jacksoncombs, May 19, 2010.

?

best baseball game

Poll closed Aug 27, 2010.
  1. baseball superstars 2010

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  2. flick baseball pro

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. homerun battle 3D

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  4. other (say in post what if other)

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  1. jacksoncombs

jacksoncombs Well-Known Member

i have
    basball superstars 2010
    flick baseball pro

what else should i try?

2. hhhh

hhhh Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    United States
    Homerun Battle 3D is all I can think of.

3. jacksoncombs

i never played that one

4. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Im wondering the same thing right now. Baseball superstars 2010 doesn't seem like my kind of game and im on the fence with flick baseball pro

5. jacksoncombs

it took me a while to sink my teeth in to superstars too but its PHUN! and flick baseball is more meideoker

6. heffdog116

heffdog116 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    South Florida
    I own Homerun 3d, Flick baseball pro, and Baseball superstars 2010. I definitely prefer Homerun 3d. Superstars is not my type of game since I am a pure sports video gamer. Flick baseball just didnt do it for me

7. RobCRX

RobCRX Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Student
    NY
    Anyone who didn't vote baseball superstars hasn't played it. It breaks the mold of the boring old sports game and adds rpg elements with equips, stats, and side quests.

Unless you're into hardcore realism, superstars blows the others away with replayability and ingenuity.

8. Noman

Noman Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    +1, I am not a baseball fan in any way and baseball superstars 2010 is one of my favorite iphone games.

9. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Exactly. Your not a fan of baseball.
    Superstars is great and all, just something wasn't there or actually something was there (RPG elements, cartoony, less team management, powerups) that didn't do it for me for the whole baseball experience.

I would say flick baseball is the best BASEBALL game cause if your a fan of baseball, it's the closest thing to the game. However it's not a great game, but for a dollar it's worth it. The game is subpar and the devs really need to do in my opinion add some things here and there to make it a very good game for the iPod.

Homerun 3d is SO FUn but it's not a baseball game really so it really shouldn't be an option.

10. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Baseball Superstars 10 still outshines the others for me easily.

11. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    You have perfectly summarized my opinions on all of these games.

12. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    I am in dire need of an answer! I have flick baseball pro and the ONLY problem I have with it is that I can't catch an popups. I get an error every time the four gloves pop up and the other team wins every time because of this. I've tried getting it in the middle, hitting it when its green, hitting it when it's near the fielder...everything i can think of! HELP!

13. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    you're not supposed to wait till it turns green. When the 4 gloves combine together, tap the 4 gloves when they are together as one, then the gloves turn green if you do it right.

Spring training tells you how to do this.

14. Moonmist

Moonmist Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    at my computer?
    My favorite is MLB Power Pro's 2010. It has real teams and real players. It has the cartoony look which is alright.

Baseball Superstars was pretty good but I just didn't like that it didn't have the teams!!!!

Power Pro's is a little different since you don't actually control the players in the field. You do have to choose where to throw the ball to though. But currently it is my favorite game.

Power Pro's also lets you create your own team using all the real MLB players. Haha of course I made myself an allstar team :) which I dominate with :)

Sorry if this makes no sense... I'm really tired and the words are all just running through my head.

15. ErkB729

ErkB729 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009

Yes.

16. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    #16 Osujxu, May 20, 2010
    Last edited: May 20, 2010
    I try to do it when it comes together and ive seen spring training but it never works. Does it have to be EXACTLy in the middle?

17. KobeBryant

KobeBryant Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Winning
    LA
    When you tap the screen do the gloves stop moving? If not, you have to tap where the gloves are going to meet. And no they don't have to exactly lined up, as long as they are close enough it will succeed. Hope this helps.

18. Feve10

Feve10 Active Member

Mar 15, 2010
    if your a true baseball fan like me, your looking for a game like MLB the show or something with in depth trading and season modes or a franchise mode, thats the type of game i would buy:
    -deep franchise mode
    - ability to trade
    -acual good baseball game..
    i wish the people over at X2 would make a baseball game, cuz i hate soocer and bought their new game and the graphics and gameplay are fantastic.:D

19. jacksoncombs

i hate it 2 but love baseball

20. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Yea it's almost like right there but it's always an error. I don't get it and it's making me very frustrated