The TribeZ (game play discussion)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by girlpower, Apr 21, 2012.

1. lexani1984

lexani1984 Member

Jul 2, 2012
    i can totally understand you .. i was just thinking of setting up my iphone as a new device, because my battery is draining .. but first, i want to make it to the 4th island :) i think i wouldnt start again from the beginning .. too much frustration, those dumb searches in the submarine, the caves and so on .. no way ;)

2. Rodmark

Rodmark Well-Known Member

May 11, 2012
    I haven't had any problems at all.. One tip though if you haven't done so already is don't upgrade to the latest version until you stock up on marble! It takes a lot longer to do the second deal on marble in the new version!

I still haven't completed the coral quest with the hotels in island 4... I need one more fingers xed

3. Kitty1626

Kitty1626 Member

May 2, 2012
    Florida USA
    Hi..Same here, I don't seem to get anything for fulfilling hotel wishes either!

4. Dixeechicken

Dixeechicken New Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Ack!!

Hinall, I'm new to the forum but not the game. Level 38 at this time and I have a couple of issues I'm not sure how to resolve. Most of my quests are at a standstill because I don't have the sand pit.... Problem is I can't get the sand pit because it says I have to complete a quest. Any suggestions? The other issue is with a specific quest on the first island. Says to clear 5 bushes and at this point I've cleared probably 50 but it says I've only cleared 2. I've rebooted the game and the iPad with no luck. Help!!!

5. bhaforever

bhaforever New Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Hi,i'm new to all this so go easy on me!,i have just purchased an ipad and started playing this game.It soon became apparent that it is going to be a long old slog to get through it without purchasing extra gems.I am really enjoying the game but i would like to know if people who have progressed to other islands have done so with or without purchasing extra gems?.

thanks,Richard

6. lexani1984

lexani1984 Member

Jul 2, 2012
    I started with the latest version available for iphone .. but if a deal takes me too long, i just change my clock-time on iphone to 8 hours in the future or so, then the deal is ready instantly when coming back to the game ;) After this i just adjust the clock to the real time again ;)

7. Rothgarr

Rothgarr Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Hi Richard. Welcome!

I'm level 40, currently on island 4. I haven't purchased any gems to progress through the game, but I did purchase gems a few of times when they are on sale to add some nice decorations.

I may be thinking of another game... but I thought we concluded that this was really bad in that the game "knows" if you've done this and it sort of breaks after a while. Either that or it disables some features, like, adding friends codes and stuff like that...

Can anyone confirm this?

8. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yep, I sure can and posted about this previously on this thread.
    You lose your game code, so cant send it or recieve any one elses game code and can't access the support page, get the weekends gift code etc.......
    Totally not worth doing this as I found out and it was a lesson for me on curiosity can kill the cat! (silly enough tp try it cause someone else also posted that this worked) Luckily they reinstated my game code for me.....

I strongly suggest....DON'T DO IT!

9. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hi Richard,
    I also didn't purchase gems to speed anything up but took advantage of the sale offers on 3 or 4 occasions and got min gems (just in case) lately I have ended up using some purely because I was stuck with two quests on Island 4 to find stuff from both the cave and the bathyscaphe (after days of retrieving nothing) I got frustrated and reluctantly used some :rolleyes:

10. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hey Foxy :)
    Once you click on your rucksack, make sure you click on the cardboard box at the top of the area open, otherwise you will be looking in the wrong area and it won't be there.....I haven't had any problems with storing and later removing stuff from storage?

11. lexani1984

lexani1984 Member

Jul 2, 2012
    I can share youre experience, i am blocked as well for support, friendcode etc... but in my case, its totally worth it .. what do i want friend codes for? Gift codes? For what, 100 Wood and 5000 Coins? No, i would do it again and again to stop those dumb searches or long term deals ;)

12. Rothgarr

Dec 19, 2010
    Still not worth it to me. I can't recall any game lately that has given me uncountable hours of enjoyment. I think I'd feel like I'm missing out on something if I could finish up all those quests in no time... not sure I'd even bother to play.

To each his own, of course.

13. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    In the help section it says to go to the information screen to add friends and enter codes, but when I tap on the 'I' to go to the information screen the only options are News, Help, Support, Other Games. Any idea what's wrong? I haven't adjusted the iPad time.

14. Kitty1626

Kitty1626 Member

May 2, 2012
    Florida USA
    Totally agree with Rothgarr's opinion regarding changing time to hasten quests..what's the point??!!
    With the new update I think I'll need an Excel spreadsheet to try to keep up with all the stuff we have to do and all the sending of resources from one island to another..definitely keeps this old brain working!

15. Rothgarr

Dec 19, 2010
    Looks like they took it out. I bet they add it back in when they add the actual new gameplay elements to the game.

I'm hoping they do more than just the ability to "visit". I hope they add some quests that require teamwork. Like multiple people having to contribute to build something. Or even have the ability to fight murlods together for bonuses (kind of like how in Fleck Touch people can help you fight zombies in your garden).

16. GemSpring

GemSpring Member

Jun 14, 2012
    NOLA, USA
    Hello and welcome to the forum and Tribez!!
    I've been playing for a few months now (totally addicted ;)) and have not purchased any gems. But the key is patience!!!
    Just enjoy the game. FYI I'm at level 49 with 92 gems. I know it's not much, but hasn't cost me a penny yet!

Happy island hopping!

17. Vasia

Vasia Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Hi Richard, I didn't buy any gems and I am on fourth island, level 40 something, so you don't have to buy them if you don't want. Good luck! :D

18. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Level 49...that's impressive, well done GemSpring! :)
    Good on you for proving that the game can definitely be played without the need to purchase gems....I reckon you have the patience of a Saint and I commend you for it ;)
    Although I have made a few min purchases when on sale, I do tend to hoard my gems for that distant rainy day (seems like the cave and bathyscaphe searches did become those) and I have been searching for a week now in the bathyscaphe for the last two lights and still nothing, so still can't build my lighthouse.....

Really can't decide if this is a glitch cos seems to be a recurring theme on this Island (4)? I think a weeks searching is being fairly patient - how did you ever get through all these searches, didn't you have these possible glitches too?

19. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Just spent £4.99 to get the triple gems offer and no gems were credited to my game......EXTREMELY ANNOYED!!!!! :mad::mad:

20. Alyjens

Alyjens Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Ok, so I have been playing this game way too long. While driving today I noticed a yard that had an old tree stump near the road, and I actually thought to myself "oh there's one for the little guys to clear away!" :eek: :eek: :eek:
    I wonder if they will let me play when I get carted off to the mental hospital. :rolleyes: