iPhone Divemaster – upcoming diving game for the iPad

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by helioxfilm, Sep 4, 2011.

1. helioxfilm

helioxfilm Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2008
    game designer
    Budapest, Hungary
    #1 helioxfilm, Sep 4, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
    Edit: Gameplay trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwFX6I_k0hc

Hi folks,

I'm pleased to announce the kick-start of our pre-launch website: divemastergame.com. The site rewards subscribers with free iPad wallpaper from the game and offers pre-launch gifts to those who spread the word about the game, coming to the iPad in the fall of 2011. Gifts include free wallpapers, an award winning divefilm and a diving safari on board of the 5 star luxory liveaboards ships of Red Sea Boats.

Sign-up and take your chance to win!
    divemastergame.com

Preliminary game and asset screenshots:

Attached Files:

2. edisoners

edisoners New Member

Sep 5, 2011
    The site rewards subscribers with free iPad wallpaper from the game and offers pre-launch gifts to those who spread the word about the game, coming to the iPad in the fall of 2011. Gifts include free wallpapers, an award winning divefilm and a diving safari for two on board of the 5 star luxory liveaboards ships of Red Sea Boats.

-------------------------------------------------------
    ipad2 accessoriesipad2 casesleather ipad 2 case

3. helioxfilm

Nov 25, 2008
    game designer
    Budapest, Hungary
    Hm, what do you wish to say or ask?

4. helioxfilm

Nov 25, 2008
    game designer
    Budapest, Hungary
    Hi folks,

soon I will finish the gameplay video/trailer for the game. I thought I share a frame (work-in-progress). Do not try it with your real iPads, they are not water resistant! :) Footage was taken at the Red Sea, using GoPro Hero.

[​IMG]

5. Oranges&Lemons

Aug 25, 2011
    I visited your site and subscribed and checked out the screenshots on show - Which look very nice by the way :)
    Can you tell us a little about the gameplay we can expect?

6. helioxfilm

Nov 25, 2008
    game designer
    Budapest, Hungary

Hi,

first of all, thank you very much for signing-up, and for the compliments, I'm happy if you like them :)

As for the gameplay:

The game centers on the real-life responsibilities of any divemasters: managing and leading a group, helping identify marine life, and much more.

You are the divemaster in our game, and here is what you do:

-- Connect the divers to those animals they wish to photograph. At least one photo is needed, otherwise you cannot send them up...

-- Each photo taken rewards the player with tips from the divers. Photos are collected in the album.

-- Using these tips the divers can be upgraded by means of training and new equipment. (If you need more money, you can buy via IAP)

Just like a real divemaster, the player must take good care of their divers: if they run out of air, they will die and the game will end. You can give them once a tank to top-up their air reserve.

In a way a very simple 2D line-drawing game, but under the nice graphics real diving physics is working (I'm a divemaster myself as well). So the whole diving business can be found here, trainings, tanks, lights etc. Even you can get bio/chemical/nuclear waste out of the water and get extra environmental bonus.

Imagine Flight Control with two major differences: collisions are not dangerous, and each plane has a fuel reserve, which represents the time until you have to find the (moving) target.

I hope it helps :) As soon as I finish the gameplay video, I will announce here first!

7. helioxfilm

Nov 25, 2008
    game designer
    Budapest, Hungary
    Hi,

first of all, Happy Holidays!

It's been a long time (indie life, you now :)), but finally, my game is coming to the publishing phase, you can check the basic tutorial of the game, trailer is coming soon.

Enjoy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHb9msnHsaw

8. helioxfilm

Nov 25, 2008
    game designer
    Budapest, Hungary
  9. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA