What's the best kind of screen protector for gaming?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by acrotran, Aug 28, 2010.

1. acrotran

acrotran Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    What's the best kind of screen protector for gaming?

Do you like it better than the bare glass?

2. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I never had a screen protector that was better than bare glass, but I reccomend any screen protector except for ZAGG's because of their stickiness.

3. csklimowski

csklimowski Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Before it got all dented (don't rest it on top of your keys face down for extended periods of time), my InvisibleShield was better than bare glass. It brought some much-needed friction to the screen for more precision when playing games like Meteor Blitz.

4. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

#4 Foursaken_Media, Aug 28, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
    Whatever you do, make sure to get a matte finish protector (I think most anti glare ones are matte), as your fingers will nicely slide across this kind (I prefer this kind to the bare screen). The other shiny kind is horrible... your fingers stick to the screen and its just a mess when you try to slide your fingers across it. I think I'm using iFrogz which I got from Best Buy.

5. madmud101

madmud101 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Yep, I unfortunately got a shiny one :(. Then my dad has to get a lovely matte finish for his iPhone and it is so smooth. In my opinion matte actually quickens the responsiveness of the screen.

6. zI Veo Iz

zI Veo Iz Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Texas
    I don't remember what the screen protector I'm using is called but I remember butting at an AT&T store when I got my iPhone. The one I got is pretty nice there's no glare and somehow is not able to get fingerprints/oil on the screen if I find the box I'll add it to this post.

7. slimothy

slimothy Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    I switch off b/t DLO matte soft ones and I got a XtremeMac case with a clear, more "normal"/standard screen protector (for the bare glass feel). Right now i have the standard on. I like it :)

8. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Power support makes great protectors. I loved the one on my 3 Gs. Matte finish, very smooth, never stuck.

The iPhone 4 I have with bare glass and I like it. I have the matte protector form power support on my iPad and love it.

9. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I have the Zagg InvisiShield on my iPhone 4 and it's not as sticky as people keep saying. I wouldn't even call it sticky, it's just got a slight more grip than the glass. And for gaming, I haven't had any issues.

Also a couple of things I like about the Zagg is, it's a lot more subtle than the average screen protectors I would put on my 3gs back when I had it. If you apply it correctly and let it dry for 24-48 hours, it doesn't budge and doesn't crease or bubble like the others. I hated having to replace crap films because of bubbles looking ghetto in the corners, or a small bubble getting trapped near the middle. It also doesn't affect the Retina display, everything is coming through crystal clear.

Last thing is the full body Zagg looks great with my free black Apple bumper. And I don't have to worry about scuffs on the edges from the bumper, Best Buy throws in the antennae Zagg strips for free.

If you want 50% off the full body, I might have a couple of codes left. Or you could just put your email into the weekly iPad contest at their site and they email you a 50% code to anything in the online store, so it comes out to like $12 something.

Oh did I mention a lifetime warranty? If I ever want a new shield, I login and they send a replacement for free, I mean wtf is that lol.

10. lacedolphin

lacedolphin Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    #10 lacedolphin, Aug 28, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
    I've tried the black matte ones and the shiny mirrored ones ( can't see crap in the sun with those BTW) but the other day I bought the casemate naked ( that's the name of it) at walmart and paid a ridiculous 25 bucks for it but I have to admit I love it. Not only does it encase the whole iPod where even shaking it there so no movement at all, but it has a built in screen protector that is slick for fast typing and movements, most anti-glare I've ever seen, responds better than just pure screen, easiest to clean and hardly leaves any fingerprints even after a long gaming session, and is built into the case so it can't bubble up or get caught on the edges and get wrinkled. It's a steep price but I have to say it's worth it. And with all the money I have tied up in this little thing, 25 bucks was nothing to protect the hundreds I have in it.

Just giving you guys some info. That I stumbled on. Hope you don't mind.

11. expunge

expunge Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Australia
    +1 Power Support is great. I just got the Power Support Crystal Clear Films for my 3GS. Its goes on great with no bubbles. They do sell the more matte one which is the anti-glare version. But i prefer the Crystl Clear version feels abit more like the original screen. Doesn't seem to affect the touch either.

I'd recommend a power support one too!

Cheers

12. mOOm

mOOm Active Member

Jul 30, 2010
    I am using Martin Field screen protector. When it is wipe clean, it is squeaky but after a short while when (i guess) the oil layer from your finger is in, it is really what i call gamer grade smoothness. I prefer clear to matt because i feel matt is not as smooth. Anyone got the same experience?

13. KushyKush

KushyKush Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    The screen protector on the otterbox defender is perfect

14. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    SGP make fantastic protectors.