Universal Sid Meier's Civilization® VI (by Aspyr Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by klink, Dec 21, 2017.

1. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    #261 athros, Apr 4, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    Australia incoming. All of the DLC packs needed to be updated.

It's still not in the app yet, so hopefully soon.

EDIT: it’s in! $4.99 USD as expected.

2. chrisb3

chrisb3 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    Yep. Looks like we're up to the Summer update now.

The game is 50% off again too.

3. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    Will there be a universal app update for the iPhone?

In the case of Crowntakers, I think it's ok to have hope ... What do you think?

4. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    You should ask Aspyr via their support if you want the real answer, anything anyone else says is just (un)informed opinion. My opinion is..........probably not, Crowntakers UI is so much less complex than this so not a great comparison.

5. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    I think so, too. But except for the indie developer, a typical game company's reply might be a somewhat meaningless mechanical answer. I thought there would be users of the TA who personally know the developer. Sometimes news from the forum is found more quickly than official information. Nevertheless, thank you for your thoughts. :)

6. chrisb3

Jul 15, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    #266 chrisb3, Apr 19, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    New DLC today!

"Will you choose Persia or Macedon? New Civilization VI DLC available now for iPad! Full game 50% off!"

It's $8.99. You get both for the $8.99 IAP.

7. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Whoa, pretty interesting how they could do this without an update to the app itself.

8. chrisb3

Jul 15, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    They probably had both ready when the last update hit, but decided to hold it back. When you buy the new pack, it downloads resources for it.

9. chrisb3

Jul 15, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    Summer & Fall 2017 Update is out now!

Head back in and pick up the Nubia Civilization & Scenario Pack ($4.99) and the Khmer & Indonesia Civilization & Scenario Pack ($8.99)!

They’re catching up to the desktop version!

10. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    1 step behind the desktop client (was there a winter 2017 update?). Soon it’ll be more because of the spring 2018 update.

Behind on:

• Rise and Fall
    • Winter 2017?
    • Soon: Spring 2018

Am I missing anything else?

11. chrisb3

Jul 15, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    I'm pretty sure Rise and Fall is (was?) the Winter 2018 update.

12. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    Fair enough. Then iPad is 1 patch behind the Mac, 2 patches behind PC as of now.

That’s pretty amazing for something people throw tantrums over for being too much and not on iPhone ;)

13. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    There were some pretty good tantrums thrown around the web. Aspire have really solidly supported this which is awesome. I really hope it means it works for them and we see more support for epic desktop ports which are reconfigured to support touch in a good way :)

Thanks Aspyr!

14. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    If Aspyr “Bioshock’d” this game and dropped support immediately out of the gate that could potentially be a huge setback for other publishers one day bringing their full premium games to mobile and selling them for a full premium price. I guess what I am saying is all eyes are on Aspyr and the “Civ VI experiment” and so far Aspyr is supporting the game like a full premium game should be supported. If Aspyr continues down the path of quality support they may win over the guy or girl who loves civilization yet is skeptical of “mobile gaming” who normally wouldn’t pay above a certain amount.

15. chrisb3

Jul 15, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    For those on the fence about paying for the full game on iPad, it's on sale for $24 right now for a limited time.

I wonder if Rise & Fall is close to being launched on iPad. We seem to get iPad sales around the time they release a content update.

Looks like the existing add on content is on sale as well, $2.99 & $5.99 depending on the pack.

16. daan_vb

daan_vb Member

May 1, 2013
    I hope so, that would be sweeeeet

17. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Finally broke down and bought it. $23.99 price tag did the trick. Now if I could only enable retina without a computer. ☹️

18. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    $24 is a great deal for Civ VI. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. :)

The whole retina thing is weird since some users seem to have no issues with enabling the setting from deep within the game but I have to think Aspyr must believe the setting is too unstable for it to be offered as a regular setting. Just my guess.

Even without Retina and a few graphical bells & whistles from the PC version the mobile version is amazing considering that only a couple of years ago a fully featured Civilization game was a pipe dream for mobile users.

shfrost likes this.
  19. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    I’m hoping that Aspyr will update with a Retina toggle at some point. I don’t see the harm in giving the option. Gamers are doing it right and left anyway. Aspyr could add a disclaimer in order to protect themselves.

However, I’m ok with the current graphics. While I’d love a higher resolution for my Pro 12.9, I’m not terribly upset with the way things look in their default duds. I’ll live with it if I have to. I’m happy to have such a great game on this portable system.

Note to Aspyr people: Don’t make me live with it forever. K? ;)

20. Vash85

Vash85 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2016
    Out of nowhere the game is now available for iPhone (7 and above). I’ll download and try later today. The full game unlock is also on discount. If it’s not luggy on my 7plus I’m totally buying it.