Flaboo! Review updated - now officially a Doodle Jump Killer

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Dene, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Managing director, artist, musician, programmer, d
    U.K.
    Here's the original context:
    http://appadvice.com/appnn/2009/12/review-flaboo/

Yay for Fat Chick!

2. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    While I still suck at it terribly, it is one of the most original of the Doodle Jump like platformers and will reserve a spot on my device for quite some time.

One aspect I really love is its key system. You collect keys as you work your way bouncing off the various clouds and if you have ENOUGH keys you can take advantage of some of the clouds special effects. The special clouds will list the number of keys needed right there on the cloud so if you can't yet utilize the effect it will just perform as an ordinary cloud. A nasty side of this key system is they're also easy to lose since landing on a thunder cloud or bubble will take all (or at least a huge chunk) of your currently owned keys away and make you start from scratch in your key collecting. :eek:

3. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

Doodle jump will never be killed!

4. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Managing director, artist, musician, programmer, d
    U.K.
    The slightly comic thing is that I wrote the original Flaboo! years ago for a crappy old mobile phone. It ran at about 5fps, but it was still Flaboo!, clouds, Fat Chick and all (though called 'Bounce' back then). I distributed it to a few friends, but that was it. Never thought of it again until I came to start making iPhone apps.

You can imagine how horrified I was when I found out that Bounce was no longer unique, but had become a popular sub-genre of games in the intervening years!

Anyhow, DJ may not be dead, but it *could* become involved in a nasty accident.

(puts on black gloves)

Muahahahaha... :)