Pretty underwhelmed..

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Seaniam, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Im sooo over the amount of crappy stick based-doodle titled-RTS-Tactical Turn Based-dual stick-adventure-match 3-physics-games that have flooded the app store and subsequent forums?

Seriously, its like 1 in every 20 games im bothered to actually click on a link to see...are of such a poor standard it makes me wonder...who buys this junk?

It got real crowded real quickly...it wasnt so long ago that we only had a handful of big hitters (*gameloft, ngmoco, com2us etc..) pumping them out and now...every hack and and his mac is distributing app-fodder.

I used to play my DS a lot, then the games started getting worse and worse quality, more and more 'imagine' titles started turning up and more and more turnbased, detective-poke-fantasy-enix ripp offs started coming out...and thats about the time i lost interest.

Same's happening here i rekcon...loosing interest.
    No more crap apps.
    (deliberately not naming games to avoid uber flaming)

2. Soul

Soul Active Member

Aug 2, 2010
  3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
  4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    If you going to start a thread like this, you really should name names. It's not about flaming, but it's difficult to have discussion if one don't understand the terms. This summer has seen some pretty amazing titles released, with more recently being announced.

The easiest way to be uber flamed is to paint with a broad brush (it's the easiest way to be a troll, too). You've got a point to make, then use specifics.

5. Soul

Soul Active Member

Aug 2, 2010
    I'm a little confuzzled.

6. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Any market is saturated with crap. That's why you educate yourself, which is what I think you tried to do joining TA.

7. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    It's the things like this that makes me lose sleep every night.

8. Soul

Soul Active Member

Aug 2, 2010
    I got his original statement, it's just I was a little confused at first.

9. Soul

Soul Active Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Umm. You lose sleep every night being on this site. Your not sleeping right now, your posting on your iPhone, am I correct?

10. Dragon Quest 9 on DS is the only game I've been looking forward to in a while.

Don't worry though, there are still some good apps like Gamebook Adventures, Hero of Sparta, Plunderland, Carnivores, stuff like that.
    I think what you're looking at is Recent Releases which is where many people who just 'try out' the app store go :/

11. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Why would I sleep when it's only 5pm? And no, I'm using my computer to post.

12. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #12 Cilo, Aug 2, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
    I've also gone back to the DS for a bit, but for GBA titles. Metroid Fusion/Zero Mission, and Drill Dozer have been a blast lately. I had played them years ago, but it's refreshing to go back and experience true platforming brilliance again. Whoever designed the rumble pack into the Drill Dozer cart deserves a medal, or at least a cookie.

13. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    He can have a stale cookie from the guy who designed the tilt sensor into the Yoshi Topsy-Turvy cart.

14. Soul

Soul Active Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Sorry, I forgot you lived in Aussie.

15. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Never played it.