Your Personal iOS Game of the Year

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by polarsolstice, Jan 3, 2011.

1. polarsolstice

polarsolstice Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2010
    My personal iOS Game of the Year is Helsing's Fire

Runner up: Super Quickhook

What's yours?

2. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    If I had to chose just one, then it'll be World of goo for me. Cant choose a runners up coz there are just so many of them I equally loved. I'll end up listing 2-3 dozen games even if I post only the ones which I really really loved.

Anyways, Mod Warning : This thread is for posting your own choices and lets keep it that way. Dont argue with anyone else's opinion plz. And dont post here unless you have a game or two to nominate for your personal GOTY. Thanks :)

3. Aralon for GOY - because if I can't have Oblivion or Fallout 3 on the iPhone then this is the next best thing.

Runner-up: Space Miner

Second Runner-Up: Words with Friends (because nothin' says lovin' like kicking your best friend's butt with the English language from the other side of the planet. Especially when they went to college and graduated with a degree in English and you never set foot in an institution of higher learning.)

4. polarsolstice

polarsolstice Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2010
    indeed it is, just post your personal best game of the year , and if you have to post a runner up or something other than the best, please keep it to 5 or less

5. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Modern Combat 2

Runners up: NOVA 2, Galaxy on Fire, Samurai 2, Aralon, Real Racing 2, Shadow Guardian, Perfect Cell, FIFA 11.

6. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    #6 FPE, Jan 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
    I can't choose so ... any of the following 6 is best the other 5 are runner-ups (warning I am on iPad):

Carcassonne - best board game so far
    Chaos Rings HD - I have always been a fanatic of SE JRPG ....
    Cave Bug Panic - Took me as a storm!
    Bubble Pets - I play it and play it. It is just pure arcade fun
    Aralon HD - A step forward. One that needs an ipad 2 to fully materialize.
    Sentinel 3 - There are tons Tower Defense games, but one Sentinel 3 ....

But honestly .... I can give the best per category but a GOTY is impossible!! Congrats to who can.

7. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    GOTY

GTA chinatown wars: i keep on playing this game......then take a break......then play it more. I have put over 40 hours into this game, and right now i am only 10% done the game

Runner ups:

Hook Worlds: i really love this game and have a ton of fun with it everyday......and rocketcat games is going to update it with more stuff

NOVA 2/MC2BP: just for the multiplayer......havent even started either of the campaigns

8. Howlingwolf

Howlingwolf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    Mine would be

World of Goo - because a great game was made even better with Multitouch
    Aralon - A great attempt at bringing a Oblivion type game to IOS
    Infinity Blade - For graphics and good gesture combat
    Nova 2 HD - The best FPS on the idevice

And this one will probably surprise a few :D

Inspector Gadget HD - For sheer addictiveness and just one more go appeal what is what gamings all about

9. kaboom132

kaboom132 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    I'd have to say Helsing's Fire.

RU: Chaos Rings

10. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    I got kinda frustrated in the story mode when i got seriously stuck on that mission which you have to first follow a guy with a skull umbrella, then chase a car around while youve got a radar that lags often. If youve reached it, any tips?

Otherwise, i had lots of fun getting all 20 stunt jumps and 50 cameras. Of course, free roaming alone was worth the price, imo. Its fun driving a bulldozer/firetruck/tank around! And rampage is awesome!

11. heavy liquid

heavy liquid Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Infinity Blade

runner ups:

Espgaluda 2
    Perfect Cell

12. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    #12 tsharpfilm, Jan 3, 2011
    Game of the Year: Galaxy on Fire 2

Pac Man and Tetris are probably the only other mobile games I've spent more time playing. Galaxy on Fire 2 is an excellent open-world space RPG adventure with an engaging story, beautifully detailed retina graphics, and tons of side quests. At $9.99, it is grossly underpriced.

Runner Ups: Chaos Rings, Land Air Sea Warfare, Infinity Blade, or Cut The Rope

13. OzzY

OzzY Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Student
    Serbia
    World of Goo. Especially because it runs on my iPhone! ;)
    Real Racing 2 is catching up. :D

14. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    GOTY Aralon: Sword & Shadow - Aralon is the largest most expansive world available on iOS, hands down. Not only is the world or Aralon rather large and expansive - it's beautifully rendered and feels organic.

The journey you travel, is the journey as you choose it to be. You blaze your own trail and follow your own path. There is nothing like Aralon on the iOS platform. For Crescent Moon to break barriers, they had to go big.

No other game represents as much possibility as Aralon, signaling a shift that open world western RPGs are not only possible - but can be done well and with bravado.

Runner(s) Up: Infinity Blade and Lego Harry Potter

15. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Galaxy on Fire 2

First game to convince me that IOS really had potential if I'm honest up until this one I was buying games but considered my PSP miles ahead. This one showed me that proper games could be on an ipod and just as enjoyable.

Since then a few others have pushed the standard as well but I think GOF2 is still the best this year easily it's the most complete game in my collection.

16. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

I would go for Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus.

17. Kai555

Kai555 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Student
    GOTY: The War of Eustrath

RU: Chaos Rings, Phoenix Wright

18. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    - My GOTY: Real Racing 2. I chose this due to it's longivity, all-around performance from gameplay, options, visuals, sounds, and the devs track record. One of the few iDevice games that won't be deleted until the next installment rolls out. :cool:

- Runner up: Aralon: Sword and Shadow. A strong runner up and I am having more fun with it at the moment, but I can say that playing through with the other classes is fun yes; but it is also getting tiring(and repetitive). I take nothing away from Aralon in the least bit and I'm sure it will get better with the planned updates. I'm having a blast but I just know I'll eventually get burned way sooner than RR2.

19. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Aralon

-Real Racing 2
    -Phoenix Wright
    -Nova 2
    -GTA:CW

20. Scaramoosh

Scaramoosh Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    #20 Scaramoosh, Jan 3, 2011
    Game dev Story
    Angry Birds

The two games I got addicted to this year. I tried to like Infinity Blade, Nova, GTA CTW and others but the controls on the iPhone just don't suit these types of games. The touch screen does simple controls best, trying to play a shooter or replicate a d Pad, it can't do.