iPhone Dungeon Legend [cancelled for now]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by 3DATTACK, Jul 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3DATTACK

3DATTACK Active Member

Jul 16, 2010
    3D Artist/Publisher
    USA
    #1 3DATTACK, Jul 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
    Hello,

We are a small team of Indie Developers who would like to show you a sneak peek of our upcoming game "Dungeon Legend". It's in it's early stages but we thought we share a few environment shots of our dungeon crawler.

The game is scheduled to be released around the end of 2010 early 2011.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ1q9Ik4CL8

Thomas P.

2. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
  3. Jarek

Jarek Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    FISHLABS Moderator
    Końskie, Poland
    Well, what can I say as a great RPG games lover, experienced gamer and someone, who knows what word "quality" means?

*HOLY SH*T!*

4. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    This looks awesome! Can't wait for more info. :)

5. 3DATTACK

3DATTACK Active Member

Jul 16, 2010
    3D Artist/Publisher
    USA
    @Jarek - Thank you Jarek! Appreciate your comment and kind words ;) We will do our best to keep the "quality" at a high standard. Every room of andungeon is hand crafted so to speak.

@Songbird - Thank you as well. Glad you like the looks of it.

Thomas P.

6. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    You're more than welcome. Thank you for bringing art to my iPad....soon! :) Will it be an iPad only game?

7. revenstar

revenstar Active Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Oh my god!~ It looks awosome!!, is it like diablo?

8. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    OMG the art work looks great any gameplay video??????

9. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    The backgrounds look great but zero information about what the game is like? Something like Diablo?

10. Jarek

Jarek Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    FISHLABS Moderator
    Końskie, Poland
    #10 Jarek, Jul 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
    If all background are done in hand art technique and it is going to be dungeon crawler... it has to be hack 'n' slash. Or - rogue game.

Two question to the developers:

1. You said it is going to be dungeon crawler - so locations are dungeons, crypts, tombs and cells only? No forests, castles, towns, hell, heaven? :)
    2. The most important to me - is it iPad exclusive title?

EDIT:

I have found some interesting discussion about the game on Unity forums. Check it out guys - it has some interesting news. CLICK

11. 3DATTACK

3DATTACK Active Member

Jul 16, 2010
    3D Artist/Publisher
    USA
    #11 3DATTACK, Jul 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
    @Revenstar, Master Lee, DaviddesJ - Thanks for your comments. Happy to see that it sparked interest :) I wouldn't necessarily say that the gameplay is exactly like Diablo. But it isn't like WoW or FF or whatever either. It's a bit of everything cause you can't really invent the wheel again. If anything, I think we are mostly inspired by oldschool Pen&Paper RPG's (though we love Diablo, Baldurs Gate, etc).

As mentioned before, we are in early ALPHA stage right now so I am sorry to say but there is no gameplay video yet.... give us some time.. we are just a small team.

On a side note, the "backgrounds" you see in the video aren't just 2D. You can fully rotate the camera (360) so it's all 3D. You can even zoom in/out to an extend.

@Jarek - Let me answer your questions.

1. I don't necessarily like to put a "label" on a dungeon and say "This is a crypt" or "this is a tomb of sorts". In my opinion, dungeons contain a bit of everything. Meaning, monsters and adventurers have probably visited the place before YOU discovered it. Maybe it's thousands of years old and surely has a history. Maybe there used to be people or clans living down there. You simply never know what you will find in a dungeon ;)

But anyhow, we might have "open areas" at a later stage where you can actually play "outside"... but not sure if that is coming in Version 1.0.

2. We plan on releasing it to the iPad first. We are not sure if it will work well on iPhone/iPodTouch but rest assured we will give it a try/test and see how well it performs.

Thanks again everyone.

Thomas P.

12. revenstar

revenstar Active Member

Mar 31, 2009
    I love Baldurs Gate series too. Dungeon & Dragon is a great fantasy setting.
    I think iPad will be the good platform for this game with its big screen.:)

13. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    +1 +1..........lol

14. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Well, it looks great, but making the game is a lot harder than making the art, I think. Anyway I think we are all eager to see what you come up with.

15. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    Watching that vid, I think I just $hit my pants. That definitely looks sick for an iPad game. :eek: :eek: :eek:

16. Soulblitz

Soulblitz Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Looks fantastic, can't wait to play this. Is there any word on a control scheme? Are we talking virtual dpad and buttons or simply tapping etc?

17. Rad

Rad Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Washington
    Looks Great ! Any Character shots that you can show yet.

18. NothingLikeSleep

NothingLikeSleep Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Stalker of the night
    The badlands
    Screens look good guys, reminds me of Diablo. Will there be outdoor gameplay and towns?

19. 3DATTACK

3DATTACK Active Member

Jul 16, 2010
    3D Artist/Publisher
    USA
    @Revenstar - The iPad is our main target platform for now. Standalone and web version might follow (we haven't decided quite yet).

@DaviddesJ - Making art isn't any easier or complicated than programming the game mechanics if you know what you're doing. We are working on both ends. My partner Jon is doing all the programming while I am creating all environments at the moment. So in essence, we ARE making the game. It's in full process.

@Seyoon - I hope you changed your pants afterwards and took a shower? ;) Glad you like it!

@Soulblitz - No dpad. You tap to move. You can rotate the whole scene by dragging/sliding your finger over the screen.

@Rad - Characters are still being worked on and will take a little bit as they quite work intensive (modeling, uv mapping, texturing, riggin, animating). We will surely show something when we are happy with the outcome but it will still be a while before I will post any character shots.

@NothingLikeSleep - Outdoor environments are a possibility but may not be in version 1.0

Thanks everybody for your interest! Glad it's being well received.

Thomas P.

20. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I have to insist that making a game that is fun to play is harder than making one that looks nice. But I admit I am a programmer and not an artist, so maybe I am biased. Good luck to you.