iPod Backup Corrupted and Game Data Lost?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by melvin2898, Oct 24, 2011.

1. melvin2898

melvin2898 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2011
    Hi. I think I might have a big problem here. I recently updated to iOS 5. My cable was broken so I hadn't plugged it up to the PC for a while. Apparently my backup data was corrupted. It was sent to some sort of vault. I went through with the iOS 5 update. I put all my apps on there. I tried to play Angry Birds. I'm on level 1...I was on the latest world(World 6 I think?) before the iOS 5 update. GameCenter still recognizes that I got that far but the game doesn't. None of my games are right. All save data is gone. Is there a way to access my previous backup? This is a very depressing matter. Please help to the best of your ability :(
    It was syncing and everything was good. It stopped and then my virus program pops up. I think it never finished syncing. Most of my apps still have their data but ones like Angry Birds, Angry Birds Season, Angry Birds Rio, Fruit Ninja, Cut the Rope, Boss!, Zenonia, Wild Froniter(one game file was restored), Tap The Frog, Falling Fred, Ready Action(some games were still completed as they were before updating to iOS 5), League of Evil, Mos Speedrun, Alpha Swarm, Storm in a Teacup, Siege Hero, 1000 Heroz, Mighty Fin and Jump Out. Sorry for listing all the games. I thought it could help. I looked in the vault. It says Virus Found Script/ Exploit. I also haven't plugged up to the PC often. My cords are broken/don't work. I was using a family member's cord. iTunes said the the backup was corrupted. Can we fix this? I really don't want to play these over.

2. Barcâ

Barcâ Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Just to add insult to injury, you should have gone mac :p

But what program gave you the Corrupted Data error? If it was iTunes chances are that the data is in fact corrupted, and recovering it is near to impossible. If it was another program that gave you that error, which would be very weird if it did, then I would look into that program first.

I had the same issue as you when I owned a PC a while back, my backup data became corrupted and I lost BUNCH of save data. It's something that happens every so often...it sucks but it happens.

3. melvin2898

melvin2898 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2011
    It was either the free version of AVG or the 2012 version. I have both. Actually the thing is still here. Also it's an infection not a corruption. What's the difference? Should I restore the file or would that be dangerous to my computer?