Ugh why are there so few game center enabled games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Iphonerox, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Iphonerox

Iphonerox Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    When i first got game center i was so happy becuase i was tired of have 10 different accounts, crystal, open feint, game loft live, ect. But hardly any games switched over. I want all my achievements on one official account so they actually mean something, but it looks like some game company's are to stubborn to switch over :mad:

2. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    I agree I hope they start switching over

3. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    It's new. Give them some time. You can't just click a button and your game switches over to Gamecenter.

4. Iphonerox

Aug 1, 2010
    True. But fruit ninja switched over to game center with in 2-3 days and added multiplayer in about a week. So it's not an impossible task. Big company's like game loft could do it over there lunch break.

5. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    It's understandable why it may take a while for developers to update many of the older games that are already on the app store, but what concerns me more is why so many new games are being released without GC support as standard.

6. Gameloft already has a solid social gaming network, so I'd imagine Game Center integration would not be a priority to them.

7. Iphonerox

Aug 1, 2010
    Ya. I wish game center was there when the oldest idevices came out. That way none of these company's would have started making all these other things.

8. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    As nice as that would have been, there was no way that Apple could have predicted gaming to be such a huge part of the App Store. In fact, gaming was almost a novelty at first, and during the 2.0 days was still mostly dominated jailbreak gaming.

So yeah, there's no way that could have been. Hopefully they start to convert to using Gamecenter, though.

9. Iphonerox

Aug 1, 2010
    Pretty much. Ipod was meant mostly for music yet it became the #1 portable game device in the world.

10. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Not all devs have the success Halfbrick has had. If you were selling thousands of copies a day, you'd prolly be working on that game a lot. If you sold 10 copies a day, you'd prolly get back to your day job and work only a little bit on the game. Just a thought.

Gameloft? Well they already have a social gaming network, designed specifically for them, by them. They'll stick to it because they can change it as they see fit, build up their brand name, and because Gamecenter is pretty damn bare right now.

I can understand a dev using Openfeint switching to Gamecenter because they didn't make Openfeint. They're not trying to promote it or anything, so they'll move the next best thing. Gameloft made Gameloft Live specifically for their games so I think they'd stick to it.

Also, a LOT of people haven't upgraded to 4.1 (whatever it is now) and don't have Gamecenter. By switching to Gamecenter, they lose a lot of people. Having both is twice the work. It's a lose-lose situation.